Rush sorc

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Rush sorc

Hi ppl, I have to get a lot of good stuff for my bear druid, so, I decided to make MF/rush sorc, any suggestions?
Rush on hell of cource, so she'll need two elements, which one to pic?

xeyloderixed

Diabloii.Net Member
meteor/orb does decent damage if you are rushing only one person. it gets significantly worse as you rush more.

pure element sorks rush a bit better for larger games, but the rushees have to be able to survive a few hits in some areas (blizz for example, have some trouble in claw viper. yes you can tele to the altar but there are times when it is either packed with snakes or some mummies are shooting at the altar).

HCTwinJava

Diabloii.Net Member
if you choose to build a sorc for Hell rush, you have 3 good options:

- if you just want to build one with minimum cost and shortest possible time, a Meteor/Orb sorc is all you need.

- if you can afford a huge amount of investment, the 1st option is still available (she'll be terrific), but a pure lightening sorc becomes a nice option too. And a CL/FO sorc with focus on CL/L is not a bad alternative either.

- if you don't want to kill lots of stuff and just want to help with "rush", the above 2 options are still available, but an ES-based teleporter with 1 major killer skill becomes a sweet alternative too. She'll skip as many monsters as possible. With ES, she can face pretty much everything in the game without dying. Keep a tough merc with a big stick, help him, tank for him, and count more on him for making a few kills that any rusher has to make.

BTW, to rush a full Hell game, a meteor/orb sorc will need lots of +skills, FCR, decent resists, high life, and a tough merc (just like how you would normally expect for a pure lightening sorc).

She can get the job done - fast enough, reliable enough, without having any rushee to face any unnecessary risk to die - an excellent sorc choice for HC players.

A dedicated blizz sorc can be a good rusher in many places. But for a full Hell rush, she's not a good option, because 1) when the game is easy, she can't deal out damage to cover large areas fast enough; 2) if the game is big/hard, she'll lose steam whenever facing cold immunes (in this case, she'd be just like an ES teleporter without ES protection. Her merc may be able to kill the immunes, but she can't offer him as much help as an ES teleporter can easily do).

tallon

Diabloii.Net Member
I've never played a pure (or dual tree) lightning sorc, so I can't comment on that...

But I can say that a meteorb sorc canbe GREAT at rushing all areas of the game. I have a lvl 86 or 87 meteorb sorc with a merc at the same level. Between the two there is not anything I can't take on. The only times I've died in the past few runs is when I've gotten to close to Lord de Sies (spelling?) minions, and when a rushee sprung hell ancients when I wasn't ready (blah, people should know to let the rusher control all that stuff). And the best part, it's easy. She can tank all the bosses and not die if you're smart around tough monsters. It is hard if you don't have max res though...

End game gear I'd shoot for is a chains of honor armor (65 all res and 2 to all skills... awesome!), hoto with 40 res (this is highly debatable. i had a occy with a 15% all res jewel and the teleport killed me many times so I made a hoto), spirit, wartravs, a nice ammy (i'm using tal ammy, but i'm still saving for a better one), shako of course, arachnid belt, magefist. I also use a soj and a rare ring with 10% fcr, 10% mf, and resists. She has max res in hell, mucho skill bonuses, great faster cast rate, and is very fast to rush with :). She also has a total of 200 mf, right now...

-tallon

Paul barbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
HCTwinJava said:
if you choose to build a sorc for Hell rush, you have 3 good options:

- if you just want to build one with minimum cost and shortest possible time, a Meteor/Orb sorc is all you need.

- if you can afford a huge amount of investment, the 1st option is still available (she'll be terrific), but a pure lightening sorc becomes a nice option too. And a CL/FO sorc with focus on CL/L is not a bad alternative either.

- if you don't want to kill lots of stuff and just want to help with "rush", the above 2 options are still available, but an ES-based teleporter with 1 major killer skill becomes a sweet alternative too. She'll skip as many monsters as possible. With ES, she can face pretty much everything in the game without dying. Keep a tough merc with a big stick, help him, tank for him, and count more on him for making a few kills that any rusher has to make.

BTW, to rush a full Hell game, a meteor/orb sorc will need lots of +skills, FCR, decent resists, high life, and a tough merc (just like how you would normally expect for a pure lightening sorc).

She can get the job done - fast enough, reliable enough, without having any rushee to face any unnecessary risk to die - an excellent sorc choice for HC players.

A dedicated blizz sorc can be a good rusher in many places. But for a full Hell rush, she's not a good option, because 1) when the game is easy, she can't deal out damage to cover large areas fast enough; 2) if the game is big/hard, she'll lose steam whenever facing cold immunes (in this case, she'd be just like an ES teleporter without ES protection. Her merc may be able to kill the immunes, but she can't offer him as much help as an ES teleporter can easily do).
Thx people.