Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runtime-Counter

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Invoker, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Invoker

Invoker Diabloii.Net Member

Hey guys,

Im desperate to find some software that allows me to keep Track of my Travincal runs- often something refers to silospen runcounter but site is down. Additionally I would also like to see average time of my Runs etc... someone knows a software what I can use for that? Since it’s my first post i hope it’s an okish place to post this question - good luck to you all

2. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Welcome stranger. Read the stickies and all will be revealed.

ioupainmax likes this.
  3. Invoker

Sticky’s from which forum?? I looked trough the single player forum and Diablo 2 Theoriecrafting can’t find anything. Can you be more specific in which forum I find the sticky for the runtime counter? Thank you for your fast reply tho
    Invoker

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 5:24 AM
  4. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

In the Single Player Forum (and all forums/sub-forums,) stickied threads are kept at the very top of the current forum/sub-forum. If you see mention of the stickies in the SPF, they will relate to the stickies here in the SPF. Unless someone asks for "Barb Guide," and a response comes back with "Check the Barb forum stickies." Our own SPF stickies also include Barb guides and Barb Mat/Pats, but you get the idea.
    These stickies include:
    - Mat/Pat/Guardian compilation
    - SPF Technical Support
    - SPF Community & Links
    - etc, etc.

These have all the links, rules, valuable resources and threads kept. Please have a look through those, as I can 100% guarantee that you will be able to find a link to the current Run Counter.

5. Invoker

Perfect thank you for the information aswell your fast reply. I finally found what I was looking for ;) have a great day and best of Luck
    Invoker

6. pharaoh

pharaoh Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the way those run counter utilities work is to look for changes (ie writes) to your save game file. This presupposes that it will only write to the file when you save-and-exit, marking the end of a run. However, in longer sessions, the game autosaves intermittently (I'm not sure if it's every x minutes, only when you hit a new act, or what), but just keep in mind that under these circumstances, the counter may think one run is actually several.

This isn't a flaw in the counters; it's just the nature of the beast, as third-party programs like these won't be able to achieve the tight coupling with the game necessary for this sort of monitoring. To put it another way, the game doesn't willingly share this information, so the counters need to give it their best effort, and move on.

7. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Dying also messes up the run counter, as there's also writing to the save game involved.

It's nothing major though. Overall I think the run counter does it's job very well. I love it for all those Travincal, LK, Pits, Nihl, ... runs.

8. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Silospen’s run counter can be set to count two saves as one run.