Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runs.... Help!! What are they?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by sutra, Feb 4, 2004.

1. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

Runs.... Help!! What are they?

Hello,

I recently began to play diabloII in multiplayer version, i am a sorceress in normal mode level 12, and i am hearing about doing "runs" to level up more quickly and to find better items...
    Pit runs, baal runs, travincal runs, etc...

Can someone explain me what in fact a run is and how to make a run?

How fast can i level up doing runs, and what are the best places to do those runs..?

I apreciate any help that you guys can give...

Thx.

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

just continue playing the game :)

Runs mean playing repeatedly in some specific area or multiple areas, either for experience or for items, or both of course. It all depends on your current level, position in the game, and current gear.

3. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

Ok, so to do that i have to create a new game for each run, in order to reencounter the monsters all over again in that area. Right?

4. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

exactly, once you've cleared an area or killed a boss, you have to make a new game to do that again.

5. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I always envy people who've just started playing Diablo II. So much left to explore...

6. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

and should i kill the boss in the first run, or just keep killing its minions and only kill the boss in a later run?

i am asking this because i've read somewhere, that in a baal run the party should kill all the minions in 19 or so runs, and in the 20 kill baal... kind in the time when the exp stops to rise so much...

does this have any true in it...???

7. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

sounds bogus to me...kill 'em all I say :)

But like I said earlier, level up your guy and quest atleast to NM. Not really worth doing anykind of runs before that and even there you need to reach Mephisto for it to be even moderately useful.

8. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

Yes.. Used to play diablo II in single player only, and fineshed the game in normal and hardcore levels....
    Only about 2 days ago that i've started playing a ladder character in multyplayer, and its more dificult but its a totaly new gaming experience, more fun and more challenging... i am really enjoing it..

9. Jonashi

Jonashi IncGamers Member

You can always kill the boss when you feel safe to do so (I play Hardcore, so this applies less to Softcore). He/She might drop something nice and usually gives nice experience for the effort.

Most people usually kill Baal too in a so-called baal-run, because then you are playing the game and might get a shot at catching some of the loot he will drop. The people who avoid killing baal are those that want to play in the current difficulty some more, since completing the quest (killing baal when the quest is legal (check your quest window each game)) boots you up one difficulty, allowing you to see only games of the next difficulty (NM or hell).

You can still create games of the lower difficulties, but you'll have to get another character to be able to see them in order to join existing games. You can also ask someone in the channel with the appropriate title, but that doesn't always work.

Hope this helps.

10. sutra

sutra IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the help that you guys gave me..
    I am really more enlighted about this "runs" stuff..
    I'm going to keep playing the game and become a little mores stonger.

c u guys...

11. Gorny

Gorny Banned

There is a Guide to Runs in the Pit here. While it is meant to be done in Hell, read it anyway as it will give you a good idea on exactly what the ins and outs of runs are.