Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Running The Pit: A couple of questions.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dark Matter, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

Running The Pit: A couple of questions.

My Necro is now nearly 80 and has just made it to LK in Hell.

I believe that Summancers are better at running The Pit rather than Meph in Hell - Is this true?

If so, what is the optimum /p setting 5 or 3?

If I get a really good map, I will see if I can farm Meph, but I am not hloding my breath.

Once I get to Act V, should I run the halls after Pindle? I am not sure what level they are or whether it's worth it.

My aim is to get some decent drops in order to twink a Sorc.

My 'zon is doing well atm. She should be able to pit run too. I'm hoping she'll faster at meph running than my Necro.

DM

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Summoner necros are ideal for running level 85 areas, like the Pits and WSK. These areas are best run at /p1 to /p3. Any higher than that and most summoners slow down, due to CE not scaling with higher players setting.

Meph is also best run at /p1 or /p3. The important thing here is speed. For a summoner, I would say that /p1 is best. But Meph drops optimally at /p3. The difference is not very big though.

At /p1 and a good CE radius, necros will run the pits faster than amazons or sorcs. Depending on what build your zon is, she may be able to run Meph faster than your necro. Of course, sorcs make the fastest Meph runners.

The Halls after Pindle can be run and will drop good items, but not all the items in the game that level 85 areas can drop (since those Halls are not level 85 areas). They are still good places to run if you get bored of the level 85 areas.

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Halls of pain is lvl 84 IIRC.

The area just inside Anya's red portal is the fastest place to get skeletons, just so you know. There's like 20-30 corpses there, with some FCR you can raise your whole army.

4. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot.

Going to get to meph tonight and see what the map is like

Looks like I'll be pit running for a bit ::D

DM