Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Running multiple LoDs' Q

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Feetstench, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

Running multiple LoDs' Q

My GF wants to install Lod on the downstairs comp since she has taken an interest at D2 and i have 2 questions.

First, I know I will have to buy another copy of Lod for us t play togeather, but can I install her copy of the game from My D2 disks or does Bnet read the Keys from both D2 and the LoD expansion?

Second, I remember something about the latest update not letting multiple instances of D2 log on to BNet from the same Add. Is this right or is my imagination gettin to me? If so, how do I rectify his? We would be playin from 2 computers via basic router/static cable setup so would be sending out multiples from the same subnet add.

TY.

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

If she wants to jump on battle.net at the same time as you, she'll need both a unique D2:LOD CD-Key and a unique classic D2 CD-Key. When you log onto battle.net with LOD, it validates both CD-Keys, not just the LOD one.

As long as both of you have a valid D2 and D2:LOD CD-Key, then you both will be able to jump on, even if you both are using the same broadband internet connection. Note though, that if one of you get's temp banned, both of you will be unable to log onto battle.net for that duration.

3. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

Ty.

Added note is greatly appreciated!