Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Running in window

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Tabaz, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Tabaz

Tabaz IncGamers Member

hello all,

now that screen resolutions and sizes have increased to HD (and more) it seems convenient to run the game in a separate window

so, I run it with the -w command line option

the problem is that the window is small (even at 800x600)

I've been searching in the forum if there is an additional parameter that would make the window a little bit larger but did not find an answer

I thought it would be useful to know if there is such a option/feature/trick/mod

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The game itself doesn't allow a resizeble window, but you can have one by using the glide wrapper, see here. Put the DLL into the Diablo folder, then start the config program (glide-init.exe) and put a checkmark to "windowed mode" and "window extras". From game version 1.14 on, also add -3dfx to the game's command line.

Tabaz likes this.
  3. Tabaz

Tabaz IncGamers Member

thanks for the reply, I've read somewhere that glide wrappers only worked for specific versions, but your link proves otherwise

I used the -w switch and then maximized the window, it become bigger and is now convenient for me to play. Had to disable window manager control and decoration over the game's window, since I am using Linux

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018