Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runewords

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by selewi, May 3, 2017.

1. selewi

selewi Diabloii.Net Member

Hi, I just started my new sp char yesterday, a blizz mf sorc, I already killed baal in normal, I'm currently level 41 I guess, and I wanted to go for the Rhyme runeword, but I wanted to ask you guys if it's worth to do it in a normal-nightmare shield or I should wait until hell to get a 2s elite shield ?

Greetings!

2. Grape

Grape Diabloii.Net Member

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Defense is not an important factor for an MF Sorc, so you can go ahead and put it into a normal shield :)

selewi likes this.
  3. selewi

Sounds fine. Thank you!

4. selewi

Ah I just want to ask something else. I've seen you trade and even pvp on single player. How do you know that everything is legit ? Like, the char or the gear your trading with is not duped/edited ? ... Is it about the fingerprint or something like that ? I didn't understand it tbh. :/

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

On single-player, you don't know if it's legit. It's about trust. Theoretically, somebody could dupe an item, sell one and keep the other. The fingerprints are a kind of unique identifier for most items, so they prevent the sale of a duped item for more than once.

Regarding runewords, a sorceress at your level could also need Stealth, Lore and, if you have installed the runeword mod, Spirit (in a sword at this point) and (for an act 2 mercenary) Insight in a polearm, preferably an ethereal one. If you don't have the runes yet, have a few visits to the Countess in nightmare.

T72on1, zemaj and DiabloTwoinDC like this.
  6. Grape

Grape Diabloii.Net Member

Well, I think there's some factors that could get cheater caught, as there's many people around SPF who have very good knowledge at what can drop and where etc. about item generation in general. I don't trade or pvp myself, so maybe someone could shed more light about the issue :)

With a relatively small community like us, it all comes down to trust I guess. When someone new arrives, I'd say people will just be careful for a while with him/her, until the new trader has provided to be a trustful, well-mannered etc trader.

I, for one, just can't even see why one would cheat and create items and then trade; you could do all the items for yourself just then instead and not spoil others playing experience. :D but that has been seen in the past, so I guess it could happen.

7. Cyrax

Cyrax Diabloii.Net Member

Not even counting the defense aspect, the rhyme RW is so dirt cheap that you'll find the runes easily enough to replace one rhyme shield with an upgraded version if you find one later on in the game. For expensive RW's you got to plan and be careful about in what to put them, but not for something like rhyme.

pharphis likes this.
  8. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz Diabloii.Net Member

Don't forget about Smoke. Cheap and helps with resistance problems! For pure MF, topaz are cheap and you can put them in helm or armor. Wealth is good once you get to hell countess.

Trading? Under any circumstance it's about trust. I quit playing bnet after 1.13c because of dupes. It's disgusting that they make runes easier to find yet people continued to dupe. Single player, on these forums, is more legit than battle net. Even with character editors and other tools, people play for fun and trade the right way. I don't trade because I prefer to be self found, but as said by @Grape if you were to hack to get any item then there isn't a point in trading (unless your trying to ruin someone elses fun).

9. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

Rhyme and Stealth are really nice low level Runewords that you may end up using longer than you think, depending on how lucky you are. Like previously mentioned, the Runes are easy to find and you can upgrade armor as you go.

I've never traded, but I believe the fingerprint you are referring to is from a forum approved muling program called GoMule. Every item, with the exception of Runes, has a unique set of numbers and letters that make up a fingerprint. That fingerprint is something I have wondered about myself, as in if that number can be looked up or verified somehow.

sanguillen likes this.
  10. selewi

Thank you all guys! I love to see that SP community is little but strong :)
    I always played this game in SP, many times tried to play MP but it was boring (for me), I just prefeer to stand solo.

Have a good day y'all, and thanks for the other runewords recommendations, I'll take a look for sure!

11. sanguillen

sanguillen Diabloii.Net Member

Absolutely. I have a level 90 Necro Summoner that initally used a Rhyme Bone Shield, and is now still using a Rhyme Grim Shield.

12. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Your questions have been covered, so all I need to say at this point is: welcome here :).

13. selewi

Thank you!

In other hand. These are my items atm :D

[​IMG]

Do you think I should swap the cuirass for a Stealth ?

14. selewi

I think myself that yeah. Since my poison resist is above 51 without the venom ward... Was a stupid question haha

15. GooberGrape

GooberGrape Diabloii.Net Member

When I play any new character or especially sorcs I always try to move as fast as possible. I think there's a thread around here of me beating Hell at level 53 or something bananas like that. So yeah I would go for anything that lets you run faster, cast faster, and have more mana to cast Teleport more often. I still wouldn't put hard points in Energy though. Also defense and (to a large extent) resists don't matter if you can move fast enough. Ignore my advice if you play hardcore, I only play SC so I have a much higher danger tolerance.

16. BKC

BKC Diabloii.Net Member

You can make it in a necro head you know that right?

edit: Same goes for splendor btw :)

sanguillen likes this.
  17. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Hmm, I'm assuming that you didn't rush your character in TCP/IP while putting him in town, but you have to be level 60 in order to get the Ancients quest solved. Or was it at an earlier patch level?

18. sanguillen

sanguillen Diabloii.Net Member

Yep, I know. But I'm trying to keep my necro and my WW Barb as untwinked as possible, so as luck would have it I just haven't come across a head that has had the skills I want. But thanks for the heads up nonetheless! :)

19. selewi

Guys, when should I stop using the /players 8 command ? Cause I'm always on baal being crushed by this difficulty

20. GooberGrape

GooberGrape Diabloii.Net Member

zemaj likes this.