Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runewords Question PLZ HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Babubhai, May 28, 2005.

1. Babubhai

Babubhai IncGamers Member

Runewords Question PLZ HELP!!!!!

Hi, i am a pally and have currently 23 in Concentration, I have enough runes to make "PRIDE" rune words which gives me 18 level concentraion. When i make pride would i have 23 or both would add up to give me 41 in concentration....

And also one more thing, there alot of peeps out there telling me that they have some where in about 15-20K in damage in hammers. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLe. What Equipment would they use? thanks alot..

2. zxc_cxz

zxc_cxz IncGamers Member

The runeword will not add to your base Concentration, unfournately.

Hammerdins dmg can reach pretty high, although I've never heard of a 20k.

Using these items, you can reach 15k.
    Hoto
    Enigma
    Shako
    Maras
    Hoz
    Arach
    Soj's
    Pally Combat Skillers
    Anni

Basically anything that adds towards +skills will boost your hammer damage significantly.

3. Babubhai

What are Pally Combat skillers? and how can i get them?? thanks

4. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

pally combat skillers are grand charms that give +1 to paladin combat skills tree (which would give +1 to hammers, holy shield, etc)
    they are however VERY expensive. on east they cost ist um for plain i believe at least. i could be wrong though. i personally prefer offensive gcs as they'll add to hammer synergies. i think thats how it works. (my hammerdin dont have skillers so i could be wrong)
    hope this helps.

5. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Paladin combat skillers add more dmg to BH than offensive skillers. No form of +skills will boost synergies btw.

6. Babubhai

is not there some thing like charms rerolling? Can it help with +skill.

7. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

rerolling charms means that the charm will be re-generated, replacing its stats with new ones (just like finding a new charm).
    The chance to get a skillcharm out of it is just as high as finding another charm, no bonuses here...
    3 pgems + charm => rerolled charm

And to the equip-part again.
    a +3 combat amulet, wouldnt it give higher hammerdamage in total?
    same for +3 combat circlet?

8. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

Yeah, and it also gives that little bonus to holy shield when comparing to +2 skill charms.
    However, those +3 skill helms/amulets lack bonuses and at least I myself prefer using the +2 skill ones (shako, maras).

9. Babubhai

About charm relloing, what charms i should do it with. I am scard that i have a good chram and if i reroll it i might get a really crappy one. IS that a possibility and are there are charms that i can reroll and get any thing good thatnks

10. LorveN

well, to reroll a good charm is stupid ;)
    you can reroll any charm. If you find a charm in a baalrun, well, you might end up with a skiller with +40life. Thats not too shabby, aye?
    Charms dropped by baal/nihlatak are the best, since they can get up to +45life, but +40 aint that bad either...

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Regarding Baal charms, it's very simple. If the charm you rolled up is worth more than a Baal charm, sell it for another Baal [email protected] or use it for yourself and buy a new one and continue rerolling with that new GC. It doesn't make sanse to insist that you will get your expenses paid back. They are gone and neither the charm nor the cube remembers how many gems you have used so far ;)

I fear that rerolling Baal charms isn't profitable in the long term. I don't know what the chance to roll up e.g. a pala combat/45 life GC is, but I guess it's worth less than the average number of gems you need to reroll one. In any case, I'm rerolling Baal GCs as well, but I only use self-found ones, so it doesn't hurt that much to make a decision to stop rerolling after a nice one has been generated. In particular, I'm fed up with muling gems.

12. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

1 in 120105, that's a lot of gems to burn. :rolleyes:

13. LorveN

you probably would find another 45life charm on the way to that though, making it profitable. There are 7*3=21 different charm types, so here we go :D
    (besides, at least I would save the 44life too!) :D

14. Babubhai

What difficulty and what act charms are the best to reroll except baal and pind. thanks

15. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Those from hell Diablo and Nihlathak are just as good as those from Baal himself, you you can regard them as Baal GC as well.

Pindleskin's GCs are good, but they aren't outstanding. In fact, bosses and champions from L85 areas have a higher monster level. It makes no difference if you cube a L86 one (from Pindle), a L87 one (champion from L85 area), a L88 one (boss from L85 area) or even a L85 one (regular monster from L85 area). The only mod you can't get on these GCs is the 41-45 life one.

Skillers can appear from L50 on, i.e. in most of nightmare act 3. The highest +life mod you can get at L50 is the 26-30 one.

These numbers are from Arreat Summit which is known to be inaccurate in some places, but AFAIK it's correct with what I quoted here.

16. Babubhai

One more thing. Suppose if i get a charm from hell pind. and it give 15 to life. if i try to mod it, the new mods would be something in the line of Life or it can have +skillls too.

17. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

It can have all mods a grand charm at Ilvl 86 can have. Clicky.