Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runeword Question . . .

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Mitch Turnbuckle, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Mitch Turnbuckle

Mitch Turnbuckle IncGamers Member

Runeword Question . . .

Hello all,

Here's a quick question. I've read that the Holy Shock auras from dual Dream RW's stack. Is this the case with the Holy Fire auras from a Dragon RW and a Hand O' Justice RW??

2. lordofericstan

lordofericstan IncGamers Member

y is this in the druid forum? if u r talking about glitched mercs with aura stacking, then no. aura stacking on mercs was fixed awhile ago.

3. Mitch Turnbuckle

This is in the Druid forum because I'm using a @#$)*(&^ Druid! This is not for a Merc, but for a Werebear!

4. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

First, don't respond to criticism with flames please. AFAIK the auras do indeed stack. However, the damage won't be anything to write home about. If you're talking using Holy Fire and FC on a bear it's already been agreed that it doesn't add enough damage to warrant the slowness of HoJ.

5. Mitch Turnbuckle

Thanks Verashiden!

This would be in a FC application, so you're spot on. So even with -75% enemy fire resistance, and an Infinity Merc, it would still be negligible?

Also, that was in no way a flame! Anyways, [email protected]*(&^@$(& is not a flame as it is undefineable. Sorry if I offended nonetheless . . .

6. Dimmu Borgir

Dimmu Borgir IncGamers Member

If you really want to make Holy Fire effective, I'd just use a Dragon armor and a Dragon shield, and an Infinity Merc. Convict will make the actual auras worth something, AND make your FC deadly, but the auras themselves won't add much damage to your Fire Claws. But it at least leaves you weapon room to Shael the crap out of something.

7. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

^ Agreed. HoJ will boost the dmg by a bit. However it's pathetically slow. Crunching the numbers dealing about half damage with a 4 frame weapon would still do more overall damage than swinging with HoJ. With an Infinity merc you won't need the extra -res. Of course, that sghouldn't stop you from using facets :).

Oh, and I personally don't see that as a flame. However, such talk like that makes it seem like you're lashing out. It makes people want to help you less. No worries though ^_^

8. Mitch Turnbuckle

Thanks for the helpful info,

I had kind of thought that Pheonix RW (-28% enemy fire resistance) + faceted Ravenslore (max -25% enemy fire resistance) + HOJ RW (-28% enemy fire resistance) would be a great way to increase Armageddon's damage output, and if I use a "cracked" 4 socket PB then I could still hit a 7-frame attack (with 25% OIAS). This would obviously be a PVM build anyhow.

Dual Dragon RW's does sound quite cool, especially with a 4-frame attack, imagine all those hydras! Why the fu-heck didn't I think of that before . . .