Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runescape?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Trionth, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Trionth

Trionth Diabloii.Net Member

Runescape?!

Perhaps this should be put under the "other games" but it says for games you play or intend to play. Neither apply. So, remove/lock if I'm wrong :D

Well, I'll have to admit... I played this game for nearly 2 years :embarassed: (didn't have a game system or a PC to game on so cut me some slack)

It's like a gateway drug. You play for a bit, just to try it, and its awesome! Play it addicted for hours on end, then all of a sudden... skills suck to level (85+ or so), everyone playing is immature, and it gets really lame. So you search for a better game. Something to give you that feeling you once had. Que Diablo. (or other game, Combat Arms was awesome until my virus software started closing it as soon as I joined a game, also tried MU, but its rare you find someone speaking english on there)

I had (suppose I still have) a charecter that is level.... I don't even remember... 106 on the free game and 114 on members? I think.

What do you think? Have you ever played? What were your favorite skills/parts? The higher level and more lame the better! :grin:

Stricly Ex-runescape players, or people who never played and just want to poke fun.

2. Mikachu

Mikachu Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Runescape?!

I trolled it, but I was pretty high level anyway haha, about 100 or so.

3. Trionth

My favorite was pking. Success can practically be bought since items are so overpowered and unbalanced. Money is easy to get, so by risking more than one rare expensive item you completely take people by surprise and waste them. Then you get the spam messages about how it wasn't fair and they're going to report you, and get called names such as "poopyhead" and "buttlicker" and various childish names (the advanced ones swore at you in l33t :D)

Good times, good times...

4. Crimsonharvest

Crimsonharvest Diabloii.Net Member

Oh that game.

I didn't exactly play it, it was more like running 5 bots at once for Pure Essence/Yews. "Played" all the way until I realized I was wasting my time.

5. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

I've played since the last days of classic. Still have my santa hat ^_^

Oh, and only f2p for me.

6. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

I still have an account that I've had since 2002 or so. It's a good game, really!
    More like one of those games that have no end, because only those extremely devoted or addicted max out their characters.
    I'm still more or less addicted, although I obviously play much less now than before. I still have no 99s, highest is 85 iirc. But it's fun, and you can play for 30 minutes, then leave it, only to come back a week later and get going again.

Sure, those immature kids still exist, but on the other hand, once you subscribe, you'll find the number of "kids" cut to a tiny fraction, making the game much more enjoyable. :)

7. Trionth

Its nice that there is more to do than just run around and kill things. (althought that is entertaining to.

I think my highest skill is magic at 90 or 91 then Stength at 90. I would have to agree that once you are a member there are less "Kids" I just don't play enought to justify the $5 a month (whatever it is now)

I logged on yesterday just to see what has changed (faces are all weird now) and the addition of skill worlds where you need higher total skill level to even log on is nice to have.

We should have a runescape party! :D

8. nurman

I hate the grand exchange ._.

9. Crimsonharvest

Crimsonharvest Diabloii.Net Member

What's wrong with the GE? So it changed the prices, lazy bums like me couldn't care less.

10. Trionth

Was an improvement over just trading with the stupid trade limit... I hate that.

The GE also makes it really easy to merchant items (long term) I had 20m-ish sitting in it yesterday from something I was merchanting a while back :\

Did you ever play pre-grand exchange? When there was real trading, and real pking, and all that good stuff?

11. nurman

Yeah, no more muling stuff to storage characters or muling rune 2handers to pure str pk chars. Also the fact that you are limited to the trade prices sucks.

12. Trionth

And with pk characeters you could pretty much gear up for free killing people that sucked (since you got their equipment as drop) Now it generates your drop depending upon how long you're in the wilderness, or pk world (which I think is way fun; especially on members.) It also depends on how much you risk, they risk, if they're a bounty target... there is a potential for huge wealth to be dropped from someone risking only 76k which allowed for people to use that and stage pks and get rich and now the economy sucks. Good job Jagex. Should've left PvP alone to start with.

13. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch Diabloii.Net Member

this is the internet. there are immature kids everywhere. lol!! (yes, i am including myself on that because some have considered me an "immature child")

about three and a half years ago, i was in a really dark time in my life. i was dating this guy who introduced me to Runescape and we would play sometimes. thing was was i still had dial-up at the time (where i used to live and at that time, dial-up was the only kind of internet service that ran) and i would lag. i remember talking to him on the phone and he was like, "Why'd you stop fighting? They're killing you!"

"I'M LAGGING!!"

and i died. the SUCKY thing about it was when you die, you lose all of your stuff except your clothes (maybe) and your level (am i right on this?). thankfully, he picked up my stuff (oh, and the fact that when you do die, OTHER PEOPLE CAN PICK UP YOUR THINGS!!! ><) before anyone else got to it. i still remember my name, lol! RedDwarf 318. man.... yeah, we broke up about two weeks later. long story. and when i tried to log back in, i could not remember my password. meh.

14. Trionth

People can't pick up your stuff now, it all goes into a gravestone that dissapears and you just lose it. Its quite lame. It was always fun to lure people in the wilderness and watch them die, or lure them into strong monsters and do the same (then give their stuff back) Now its just mean.

15. Leopold Stotch

lol!! well, again, this was about 3.5 years ago, so... :) i'd rather lose it than have someone steal my things, ya know? it's not a free-for-all.

16. Trionth

Hmm, I think I started playing in 8th grade... so... 5 years ago... Then played f2p for a couple years, got membership for a year and a half, then haven't played for the past year or so... My name characters name is drgnmaster45 (ftw :D)

Suppose the gravestones are nice, it gives you time to go back and get your stuff. I like diablo, you lose nothing! Well, gold, and xp, and pride... and an ear.

17. nurman

I played under the name "nurman3" ;)

18. Leopold Stotch

so you're Van Gogh now? :D jk, jk.

19. Trionth

Nah, I'm Mike Tyson :strong: