Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

runes

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by sportvaasa, Apr 13, 2008.

1. sportvaasa

sportvaasa IncGamers Member

runes

hi, i was just wondering whats the best place to get runes

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Re: runes

If you're after low level runes, then the countess in Act 1 is a good source. Another way to get consistant runes is from the forge quest, though it'll require you to make new characters on a regular basis as each char can only do the forge quest once per difficulty level. Other than that, I can only really recommend killing alot of monsters as fast as possible (ie, don't worry about MF but intead focus on gear to make you stronger) in high player count games.

3. Bob The Barbarian

Bob The Barbarian IncGamers Member

An interesting point. When Blizzard made the game and runes in particular, how in the name of hell, do they expect anyone to legitimately make runeworded items. The highest rune I've had drop for me is a ko. Even then, it's only one. Runewords often require several high runes and, indeed, multiples of a few of them.

I run the countess continuously for runes, but the highest I've seen from her was an amn (this in nightmare). I have a paladin in hell who constantly runs the countess, but the best he is able to do is a ral so far.

Without runeworded items it's pretty tough to take on the basic ubers, let alone the uber tristram scenario. While we wouldn't want the game to be too easy (it would quickly become boring), it seems a little lopsided to have the good runes to be so rare as to be next to impossible to find.

Yes, the forge will drop a decent rune, but generally only one good one ... and the forge, as you pointed out, can only really be run once per character. I've run the forge several times with my stronger characters and never found a second (good) rune from the smith that guards it.

With a game design like that, it's no small wonder that so many of the high runes are dupped by players.

4. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Bob you can easily solo ubers without runewords. I agree that they should make highrunes a higher drop rate. The highest I have ever gotten was KO from hell countess.

5. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Yep. It would be nice to see a legit Last Wish. Getting 5 highrunes(of which 3 would be jah) and a mal with out trading sounds a little far-fetched:scratch:

6. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

I don't agree, and this is IMHO a false idea. The first time I've killed the Ãœbers, I had a level 84 Paladin smiting with a fleshripper and... a 4-PDiamonds random elite paladin shield :thumbsup: !

7. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

It could be done this way: 1 or 2 hammerdins rush 6 lvl1-chars (2x), while another hammerdin (or some other quick char, like a LF zon or a sorceress of some kind) helps 2 more characters to get the levels 20 and 40, required to do Ancients in Normal/Nightmare. Like that, while a bit slow, it is possible to grush 12 characters at the same time - leveling 2 characters at the same time will still take less time than grushing 1 character per time, and then waiting for someone to join the baal quest games.

Of course, this requires alot of mutual coordination and cooperation from all the players, and, preferrably, several players with multiple accounts/CD-keys. In total, 17-19 characters are involved, out of which 14 are rushees/leveler chars, rest is rushers.

8. sportvaasa

sportvaasa IncGamers Member

i have another question: how come when I put 3 thul runes in cube and try to transmute them I dont get higher lvl rune...is this bug or what?

9. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member