Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runes

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Round 4, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Round 4

Round 4 IncGamers Member

Runes

Since i'm starting single-player broke again, and making a necro to MF with, I figured I might run the countess a bit in normal to see if I could come up with runes for basic words like lore, stealth, etc.

So I was looking for a site that could tell me what runes she could drop on normal/nm/hell, but I couldn't find one. I pulled out mpqview and checked the files myself, and if i'm reading it right she can only drop up to Ral in normal. But I just wanted to make sure if this was correct, if anyone can verify. Or if you have a site that lists this I would appreciate that as well.

2. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

ATAM has a build-in drop calculator, why not check it out?

3. Round 4

Round 4 IncGamers Member

Thanks. Drop calc confirmed what I found in the txts.

4. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement IncGamers Member

Here is a little additional information, taken from the single player FAQ (I think!):

Countess:
    - Normal: El - Ral
    - Nightmare: El - Io/Ko (Above Io is much rarer)
    - Hell: El - Ist/Lo (Above Ist is much rarer)

Hellforge:
    - Normal: El - Amn
    - Nightmare: Sol - Um
    - Hell: Hel - Gul

Happy rune hunting!

Dave :teeth:

5. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Not to scare you, but I just did a cube calculation on all my runes, including up to Pul and I can make 1 Um and 2 Ko's after 6 months of solid playing and saving everything above Tir. I've used a Lem and Ko to upgrade gores, and an Io in a Black, but that's about it...I'd love to see how long it would take all of us running for runes to cube a zod.

Sorry about the hijack...*goes back to thesis*

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i worked out that taking an average person 30 seconds to cube something, save and exit, mule off, and mule on new runes for cubing, then load game and do same, it would take over 40,000 years to cube el's to a single zod. oh, and this doesnt include finding them.
    so unless you give everyone on earth a PC with diablo 2, all linked up to a network with the runes on and teach them to cube at a fast speed, your going to take a while to get your zod.

7. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

So it's a race, is it? Well, I pick everyone on this planet since I live here. You'll have to find your own planet of rune hunters. :lol:

8. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

That annoying time, for runes and especially gems (which you find a lot more of), is why I'm looking forward to the much-requested, now-pending "autocubing" feature in ATMA...

Though I'm a little scared that Tenchi went in a different direction than true auto-cubing, given the "transmogrify" right-click menu item mentioned in the current version readme.