Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runes

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Zhidkoe, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Zhidkoe

Zhidkoe IncGamers Member

Runes

Ok, disregarding all the "duped" runes and the never ending circle of creating new characters and doing hellforge quests, what area is the best for rune finding and/or which boss/unique monster for the same=)

Most interested in high runes of course...

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Mid-low runes: NM/Hell Countess. In NM you can get up to Ko, in Hell you can get up to Lo... I just wouldn't count on seeing anything much above Thul all that often :)

Higher runes: With these it's all about kill rate. The faster you can kill, the better your chances. Any level 81 or above area can drop all runes. Check the area levels in the stickied thread in this forum.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Depending on what you mean by high runes (if you mean ridiculous stuff like ber and zod you might as well kill anywhere and still find nothing), i once again recommend hell flayer jungle with a strafezon decked out in full killing gear with a 2 fps strafe and laying of hands. The monster density should provide a decent amount of runes from lum-mal (from experience). I also found a ber there from a melee flayer but that was just a case of obscene luck.

4. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

The Countess´ (Hell) chance to drop Ist is 1:1110. After Ist probability of drops decreases dramatically (1:122049 for Gul).

Anyway - high runes are extremely hard to get. Hephasto The Armorer - of many concidered as a hot rune monster - has a chance for Gul drop like 1:109331, and the number for Zod is: 1:3072532!!! You must run him 3 milions times to have slightly over 50% chance to find Zod . If one run takes for you only one minute you need ca 8 years and 7 months working 16 hours per day. You would be probably better running Countess and upgrading Ists but I don´t recommend this if you don´t live in Alcatraz. :lol:

If Andy bug sill works she would be best for runes up to Lo (1:139958)

I have used a drop calculator to get probability numbers, so these numbers can be not exactly correct. It does not matter for my conclusions in general though.

5. Patryn

Patryn IncGamers Member

The best rune I have ever found so far was an Ohm from hell meph. It was the best item he dropped the entire night. I gave up doing countess runes as teh best I have ever found off of here was a Hel.....EVER! I get endless el and eld runes from her.

My friend did have a Cham drop from Eldritch in the highlands though. bastard :D

6. Zhidkoe

Zhidkoe IncGamers Member

Thanks for the answers...

7. Cpkiller

Cpkiller IncGamers Member

some say the travanical drops pretty good runes but its preety hard to kill all those concil members really fast and I was getting a high death rate so I kind of stayed away from there. But then i got a dwarf star and instead of hurting me they fed me it was pretty cool. After four runs I got a pul which got me exicited. I add this in my runs now but havn't had much luck lately.

8. Jussonice

Jussonice IncGamers Member

i been doing council runs for awhile now with my skelemancer and they havent really dropped anything along the lines of a good rune. highest was maybe an eld lol. ofcourse im curious but what is the andy bug someone mentioned.

9. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

if i'm not mistaken i think the andy bug is the one where if u complete all the quests in act1, she drops everytime with the probability of a first kill drop. :buddies:

10. sangfagel

Hmm... Interesting... but why do you think so? Can anybody confirm it?

11. decoy_sJ

i'm not sure..this is something ppl talk about all the time..i think there are a couple of threads out there discussing this..i always run her with all the quests completed in hell but i think..the bottomline is for all MF..10% MF 90% luck :lol:

12. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

I think the best way is quest II act IV in Hell.

13. sorcees

sorcees IncGamers Member

I seldom find any usefull = higher runes, o.k. yesterday i found a DOL.
    Highest found ever, OHM, just laying around in cows hell, back in 1.09, someone must have overseen it :uhhuh:

So i do not have to much hope for runes or runewords.

But the game is very playable without them, just practise (HC player, i love to start over untwinked every time, and have about 6 chars alive in hell).

Happy rune hunting, but dont forget to enjoy the game itself.

14. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

The Andy bug is almost inevitable : once you kill Andy for the first time- talk to Warriv- proceed to act2..after that the bug is "set", and then you can run Andy as many times you'd like, and she will drop "quest" drop every time..

-only way to not get this "bug" is to exit game after Andys first death without going to Act2

15. sangfagel

It´s exactly what I belived! After decoy_sJ´s post I got little frightened that just MY Andy is not bugged becouse I have a foolish habit to play (not rush) this game and I actually did every qeest with my best mf char.
    O.K. than... rumours, rumours... What would Diablo be withaut rumours?! :lol:

16. decoy_sJ

i got the funny feeling feeling my dear andy is not bugged..oh well..c’est la vie my friend.. :buddies:

17. Schwhat

Schwhat IncGamers Member

I thought it was to talk some NPC in act 1 each time you enter a new game and then it'll reset?