Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runes|Rings|Charms!!!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by conan, Mar 16, 2004.

1. conan

conan IncGamers Member

Runes|Rings|Charms!!!!

I had a very interesting thing happen a little while ago:

I made a game using a name/pass that I frequently use to solo mule with. When I pressed create, I got the error message "Game already exists" I thought it was weird, so I tried to join this game. It worked, and to my suprise someone was muling as well, but the game was empty.

I waited in the game for a long time over 20 minutes or so, but no one joined so I quit and rejoined with some mules I had made and permed last week. It took 3 mules (with cubes) to pick up all the items, mainly Lots of High Runes|Excellent Rings|and Charms (many of witch i have only heard about), and some Unid Uber uniques/runewords

I am nor poor but all told this would make me a millionare so to speak on d2.

I guess this game was made with lvl restrictions of one person and this must have made it impossible for the owner to rejoin. Thats the only explaination i can figure out for someone not returning. I solo mule and have done so for a long time but I never dump 3 characters worth of godlies on the ground, Blizz is strangely in the habit of giving me a Realm Down when I have tried in the past. A friend suggested that this was probably some site seller doing house cleaning, I really dont know.

Anyway, I feel bad for the guy that lost all his riches, but I wasnt about to just let them all dissappear, even tho obviously some of it is duped. In any event IF the person that lost the items can message me with the game name and password and a very detailed discription, I will return the items.

I am on USEAST NL *Zardaukar

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Can you name some of the items on there. Or PM me to see what riches you have gotten.

3. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

im glad to see ur doin the nice thing andnot just hoarding them, kudos to you mate

4. conan

conan IncGamers Member

if after a week or so no one can come foreward with details I can post the list

5. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Another reason someone just left it there, might have been that the person was muling and got RD all of a sudden. He also probably didn't have any friends on at the time.

Also, you might wanna start using a different game name/pass if the above senario(sp?) or something like it happened.

6. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

A class act. Kudos to you, sir.

7. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

can you explain to me how you mule solo?

8. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

2 ways:

muling 1 mule: Create a game, drop the items and be out of the game immeadiately (within a minute i believe, but to be sure i make it like 5 seconds) Now you have one minute to go get your items.
    When you leave the game with your second char, the game is gone, so you cant do this with more than one mule.

Muling multiple mules: create a game, stand in the game. Go read and post on forums. (i am now muling) after at least 5 minutes, leave the game and immeadiately rejoin it to check if you were succesfull. Drop items. now you can come and go to the game as long as you dont leave it for too long. I think it will stay up for 5 minutes, but it might be 1. 1 is more than enough anyway though to get another char. the timer will be reset after every visit.

If you create a game and leave it between 1 and 5 minutes after creation, it will immeadiately dissapear.

As you probably noticed, when swiching chars too fast, you will be kicked from bnet. If you make sure you always wait at least half a minute before swiching to the next char, you are safe for this. You can do it fast once or twice, but just dont take any risks and do it slow.

9. conan

conan IncGamers Member

6 ppl have pm'ed me trying to finagle the items so far, no one knew the day, the game name or the items, lol what did I expect=)

10. Civ

Civ IncGamers Member

do not self mule it is the devil!!! the amount of times ive been booted while trying to i i i dont even wanna think. worst was losing basically all my 500%+ mf gear while giving it back to my sorc

11. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

It naver happens to me.
    Either your esp sucks or you swich chars to fast.

12. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

I've lost more to scams (culwen's sword) than I have to self-muling.

Way to go on ruining someone's D2 dream btw. They probably didnt get in there for the "20 minutes" was because the player limit was set to 1. So as long as you were there, they had no way.

13. Salamando

Salamando IncGamers Member

Ah man. Self muling is dangerous. I lost some of my n00b items. (I just recently had begun playing, so theese items were quite usefull for me. However, I wont say what they were, cause I dont want evil laughs. =D ) I tried re-joining the game, but it was gone. Im pretty sure I did something wrong, but I wont do it again.

Now, I only mule with my friend. We got two computers in the same room, and it is a blast playing in party.

14. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

My number one rule in muling is, I never drop anything on the ground that it's disappearing would upset me. :drink:

Kudo's for offering to return the items. :thumbsup:

15. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

ya, don't drop mule, even with a partner, cause we all know how stable b net is...
    the notorius "connection interupted" is a killer
    just this weekend, my nephew and me were muling, lots of great stuff, we proceded to dump our characters goodies out, covering the ground. he left
    came back, i left came back, he left, came back ( or did he) i left, game was gone when i tried to get back on...

somehow when he entered the game, he didn't, or timed out or something, then when i returned, wich was withing 20 seconds, the game was gone...
    along with all our our sweet new ladder finds...

needless to say i was pissed...

so don't drop mule unless its stuff thats not that important, always get a friend to hold the tals armor, gf, wf, etc

16. oneirik

oneirik IncGamers Member

yeah the same thing has happened to me. so i found a solution. just grab your roomate get him addicted to d2 again and you have 2 comps by your side. :lol:

17. conan

conan IncGamers Member

I left several times and logged on to another account, it didnt seem to matter. I thought (later) that the player limit might have been set to 1 AFTER it was all over, It wasnt intentional. If I just wanted to grab up all the items I could have dropped the 20 Full rejuvs and loaded up with high runes, filling my inventory. I didnt I waited and I dont think I intentionally ruined anyones dream. Dreamers dont have over 40 vex dreamers covet one vex=)

And if the "Dreamer" wants he can have his dream back, all he has to do is message me=)

18. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

This is indeed a very interesting situation.

However I can think of many ways that the rightful owner couldn't have got in... and how he is now having no clue find who took his items.

I'm not blaming you in any way. In fact, I admire your honesty.

Just a suggestion: you could still use that game/pass with your mule in it, burning some time in or whatnot while you are not playing, and see if anyone was able to join. Check your message log. If there was, then you can contact him check his id and return his wealth.

19. ButterFace

ButterFace IncGamers Member

Well, If there were 40 vex runes on the ground then he may have been duping or something and got banned. If so serves him/her right. If not, sorry for them, and i hope they are a member of this forum.

20. conan

conan IncGamers Member

Good idea, I still use that game name/pass to MF in and I keep waiting for someone to join, that would be pretty good evidence that its his loot.