Runes Poofing

ZeroUnderOne

Diabloii.Net Member
Runes Poofing

I bought an ohm rune the other day, hoping to finish cta, it took me a while to find a 5 socket weapon. Finally when i was ready to make, the ohm rune was gone... and there is no way it was stolen from me or misplaced... it just disappeared. Im not sure where i can go to complain or who to email, this is quite annoying and im just giving a heads up. Some people told me it could be due to dupes.

Hoyunah

Diabloii.Net Member
Im prettysure its from dupes. I lost a Zod rune awhile back like 2 months ago. It jus disappeared wen i got on account again.

Shek

Banned
How the Rust Storm works:

Ok, basically Blizzard[Battle.net] has implemented a thing called the Rust Storm. What this does is when two items[runes in your case] with the same ID[an internal number] enter a game, one of them is destroyed[normally the first person to leave loses the item]. Although this Rust Storm was proven to be effective, people would dupe runes and then cube them up, giving them a new, legitimate ID. In all cases, if you're worried about losing runes, I'd just buy the runeword straight-up.

Shek

warlock_666

Diabloii.Net Member
what would happen if you duped a rune, then made a runeword, then it got deleted? its an interesting thought except that i've answered it myself in my head before i finished this post. It's not actually possible because the runeworded item would get a new ID code of its own. lol never mind now i know at least!!

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
ZeroUnderOne said:
I bought an ohm rune the other day, hoping to finish cta, it took me a while to find a 5 socket weapon. Finally when i was ready to make, the ohm rune was gone... and there is no way it was stolen from me or misplaced... it just disappeared. Im not sure where i can go to complain or who to email, this is quite annoying and im just giving a heads up. Some people told me it could be due to dupes.
You can thank the hordes of rune dupers (destroyed the ladder economy) for having your rune disappear.

ZeroUnderOne

Diabloii.Net Member
I am only buying hi end runes whenever i have the rest of the components to the runeword... And it seems some built up kharma revealed itself, as I made a 6bo cta today after trading for another ohm =)

So far i think Ohm, Ber, Vex and Jah are duped and/or may disappear. People say Zod is still massively duped but I dont see that many around anymore. This rust storm might be beneficial to the economy if the dupe methods can be stopped somehow.

YomoKimyata

Diabloii.Net Member
Is a new ID created when you insert a rune into an item but do NOT create a runeword. Example: putting a Zod into an ethereal magic or rare weapon, would that have a new ID for the combination, or two seperate IDs?

ghoppa12

Banned
YomoKimyata said:
Is a new ID created when you insert a rune into an item but do NOT create a runeword. Example: putting a Zod into an ethereal magic or rare weapon, would that have a new ID for the combination, or two seperate IDs?
I think there would be 2 seperate ID's

ZeroUnderOne

Diabloii.Net Member
Many of the 40/15 i put into armors, helms etc. pre 1.1 on non-ladder have not poofed from the sockets, dunno if that helps or not...

Killfrenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
i think when you socket something into an item it loses its ID code and becomes part of the item (like the item had that mod to begin with)

I dont think 40/15s were nabbed in the first place. 290s and 3/20/20s are still around. I know theyre charms, not jewels, but still...

When inserted into a non runeworded item, I'm pretty sure the rune retains its own, separate ID. WITH runewords, however, I have no idea. Runewords are complicated.

ZeroUnderOne

Diabloii.Net Member
Lets say i was to buy craploads of runes and put them on a mule that would not be entering many games or trading much... Does that mean the duped ones wont disappear due to ruststorm?