Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runes Poofing

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by ZeroUnderOne, Mar 6, 2004.

1. ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne IncGamers Member

Runes Poofing

I bought an ohm rune the other day, hoping to finish cta, it took me a while to find a 5 socket weapon. Finally when i was ready to make, the ohm rune was gone... and there is no way it was stolen from me or misplaced... it just disappeared. Im not sure where i can go to complain or who to email, this is quite annoying and im just giving a heads up. Some people told me it could be due to dupes.

2. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

Im prettysure its from dupes. I lost a Zod rune awhile back like 2 months ago. It jus disappeared wen i got on account again.

3. bronzdragon5545

bronzdragon5545 IncGamers Member

i had the same thing but with a few vexes id put my money on them being dupes if i had any left o well ill live

4. Shek

Shek Banned

How the Rust Storm works:

Ok, basically Blizzard[Battle.net] has implemented a thing called the Rust Storm. What this does is when two items[runes in your case] with the same ID[an internal number] enter a game, one of them is destroyed[normally the first person to leave loses the item]. Although this Rust Storm was proven to be effective, people would dupe runes and then cube them up, giving them a new, legitimate ID. In all cases, if you're worried about losing runes, I'd just buy the runeword straight-up.

Shek

5. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

thanks for the idea

6. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

what would happen if you duped a rune, then made a runeword, then it got deleted? its an interesting thought except that i've answered it myself in my head before i finished this post. It's not actually possible because the runeworded item would get a new ID code of its own. lol never mind now i know at least!!

7. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

You can thank the hordes of rune dupers (destroyed the ladder economy) for having your rune disappear.

8. ZeroUnderOne

I am only buying hi end runes whenever i have the rest of the components to the runeword... And it seems some built up kharma revealed itself, as I made a 6bo cta today after trading for another ohm =)

So far i think Ohm, Ber, Vex and Jah are duped and/or may disappear. People say Zod is still massively duped but I dont see that many around anymore. This rust storm might be beneficial to the economy if the dupe methods can be stopped somehow.

9. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

Is a new ID created when you insert a rune into an item but do NOT create a runeword. Example: putting a Zod into an ethereal magic or rare weapon, would that have a new ID for the combination, or two seperate IDs?

10. ghoppa12

ghoppa12 Banned

I think there would be 2 seperate ID's

11. ZeroUnderOne

Many of the 40/15 i put into armors, helms etc. pre 1.1 on non-ladder have not poofed from the sockets, dunno if that helps or not...

12. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

i think when you socket something into an item it loses its ID code and becomes part of the item (like the item had that mod to begin with)

13. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

I dont think 40/15s were nabbed in the first place. 290s and 3/20/20s are still around. I know theyre charms, not jewels, but still...

When inserted into a non runeworded item, I'm pretty sure the rune retains its own, separate ID. WITH runewords, however, I have no idea. Runewords are complicated.

14. niner

niner IncGamers Member

Rollback................

15. ZeroUnderOne

Lets say i was to buy craploads of runes and put them on a mule that would not be entering many games or trading much... Does that mean the duped ones wont disappear due to ruststorm?