Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runes.. finding.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Asbin, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Asbin

Asbin IncGamers Member

Runes.. finding.

I've been kicking most baskets, barrells and such everywhere I go.... I'm starting to think that more runes can be found from baskets... anyone agee?
    :scratch:

2. SuperSavage

SuperSavage IncGamers Member

Heh, good try there. If you are looking for Runes, don't kick anything at all. The best place to find runes and the best chance to find runes is in Act 4, The River of Flame and The Chaos Sanctuary. I do not know how far you are, but If you are there or get there, thats the best spot to get runes. The monsters just have a better chance to drop runes than any others in the game in those locations. :thumbsup:

3. Asbin

Asbin IncGamers Member

Thanks.. I'll give that a try.

4. Randall

Randall IncGamers Member

IIRC: I have read messages (in this forum) that the jungles in Act III are also giving a higher amount of Runes.

Randall

5. brainfloss

brainfloss IncGamers Member

I don't think Flayers have any more chance to drop runes than anything else - I believe it's because of the sheer number of the little shits in that area of the game! :teeth:

I always enjoyed that part of the game for some reason - now, there's even more reason to do so!

6. Freekje

Freekje IncGamers Member

Isn't one of the best places to find runes the Black Tower, because of the Countess who lives there?

7. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Currently thr RuneRace is being held to attempt to determine the best places to run for runes thus far a few places have really stuck out.

River of Flame
    Flayer Jungle
    Countess

seem to be the favorites as of the moment. Most people are finding between 50-100 runes every 50 runs by running these areas. I however warn that these runes are not necessarly mid or high end runes but are mostly lower level runes.

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

flayer jungle has a about half the chance per flayer to drop most runes than the top things liek wraiths. however, when your facing 4 wraiths the odds are very slim youll get anything. but in a normal pack of 15 flayers you have a much better chance. of course, the downside is you have to spend time in the jungles of act 3 and they are sme of the most tedius areas to run.

9. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

The flayers have like the second best Rune drop rate according to ATMA, with those annoying spiker guys holding the top spot (I think the odds may actually be the same). Wraiths obviously are nice, so I'd think the flayer dungeon may be a place to try.

I like the jungles (with a good map = no repeats) because of the Elite's I've had drop for me and the huge amounts of good GC's and SC's (like 10 or so vita + another mod on one map and like 4-5 skiller GC's). It is tedious as heck and it's really a matter of luck since the numbers are so against you for any high rune. I ran 50 for the Rune race and got an Io. First run of the day the other day, I landed a Lum and a Nature's Peace.
    Just pick a place with decent drop rate and decent area lvl and high players and stuff will happen.

10. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

The original post has a good point though. Chests are more likely to drop runes than most monsters, and they also don't hit back (very often) when you kick them. An area high in chest/stash objects like Kurast can be a good place to rune hunt. You can also turn the players setting way up if you like and completely ignore the monsters.

11. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

actually, while MFing in non-boss areas, you should probably kick everything! the key to MFing (and also rune finding) is to get as many items with the potential to be the item you are searching for (ber) to drop in as short a time as possible. for that reason, go ahead and kick barrels and urns, turn over rocks, and by all means open chests! FYI, the ghost/wraith type monsters have 4X the chance to drop the rune/jewel/charm TC, so places like the river flame and chaos sanctuary are good rune-running destinations. they are especially nice because they can drop every item in the game, including Tyrael's Might and Zod, so load up on MF gear while you're running them.

12. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Thrugg whats the rune cap for the Kurast chests... I seem to recall it being Ber but I am not actually sure?

13. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

That's right Sincere. The main problem with Chests is that they don't upgrade with level area like monsters do, so their highest rune is based on how far through the game they are. In Hell, it is Vex in act 1, Lo in 2, Ber in 3, Cham in 4, Zod in 5.

14. Urlik_Skarsol

Urlik_Skarsol IncGamers Member

Based on my tests, I can confirm that what Thrugg said is true. Chests are tied to the Act in which they are located. Even the chests in level 85 areas in Act 1, like the Pit and the Mausoleum will only drop as Act1 Chests (up to Vex, r26). Chests in the Moo Moo Farm will drop as Act 1 Chests.

Super-Chests are the best "single" source for runes drops (aside from Countess up to Ist). That's because they have a pick count of 20 for un-locked and 36 for locked. The highest pick count any monster (like Meph) has is 7.

Locations for Super-Chests...

All of the glowing chests (usually in the hidden areas) plus various "secret" super-chests... such as the one behind Meph, the ones (several, in fact) in The Maggot Lair, several in Sewers L2, several in Arcane's, etc.

I'll have more info in my rune finding guide on chest drops and other things. I'll be posting this on Monday. :D

15. Tiger_Spirit

Tiger_Spirit IncGamers Member

I heard that the big council in Travincal is also good place to drop some runes, can someone tell me if it's right? :scratch:

16. Death_StrikeR

Death_StrikeR IncGamers Member

the best i found on a locked chest is an IST rune... the BIG chest in mephis throne.
    It is actually set to players 3.