Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runes Disappearing in stash

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by rakeman, Mar 30, 2005.

1. rakeman

rakeman IncGamers Member

Runes Disappearing in stash

Can any one tell me why i had ber zod and an ist disappear in my stash after 1 day.Is there any one else having this problem. :mad:

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

almost all high runes are dupes...if you trade for them you take the risk that they may poof.

3. rakeman

rakeman IncGamers Member

Thank you for reply,just wondering if there is anyway to tell if there duped.

4. superdave

no there is not

5. Keldaris

Keldaris IncGamers Member

Best way to avoid this is to runeword the runes immediately

6. superdave

yes...then they are only at risk when blizz hits you with a rustorm...none this season that i know of

7. Zoidbergas

Zoidbergas IncGamers Member

i would avoid playing diablows altogether

8. tallon

tallon IncGamers Member

Wait, so even if u socket a duped rune, it still shows up? I realize that the vast majority of high runes are dupes, but I was under the impression that once socketed they are considered legit. (and is it socketed or does the entire runeword have to be completed)

I ask becuase I wont' be able to find the runes myself, not realistically. But i can get lower runes, trade up, and the immediately socket the rune... thus having a (for all intents and purposes) legit runeword item. I'd rather do that than trade for a completed runeword, since I would think the entire thing could have been duped.

-tallon

9. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

I was always under the impression that socketing a rune into a runeword didn't "perm" it, or make the runeword legit (and thus, un-'poofable'). If I remember correctly, when ruststorm hits a runeword that has duped runes, the whole runeword and item disappears.

If the a rune itself disappears on it's own, however, only that rune goes, not the item. This means, that you could have an runeword "Jah + Ith + Ber", and end up with "Ith + Ber", if the Jah rune is a dupe.

10. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Ok I got this info from someone that knows quite a bit about this sort of thing (I have verified all this information in single player as well). Stuff goes POOF when 2 identical items are in the same game, once you save and exit POOF it's gone. Now if you sell your rune to a vendor and buy it back the ID tag doesn't change, however if you wanted a VEX, and traded for 2 duped GUL (haha) runes and cubed them up the ID tag is unique and there fore POOF free.
    If you put a duped HR in a socket, the ID tag is now Item X socketed, therefore non-poofable.

Also if you temp-perm everytime you leave a game you are safe until you enter another game (so you'd have to perm every game)

Summary: Putting in a socketable = safe; cubing up = safe; temp-perming = safe.

Last point; if you were to dupe a crapload of Eth Giant threshers, with Ber+Mal+Ber already socketed in it and gave them to a bunch of people with a duped IST for final socket. None of the items will poof because each item will have different stats/ID tags.

Hope this helps.

11. teksyn

teksyn IncGamers Member

troll. quit wasting mine and everyone elses bandwidth. :p

12. rakeman

rakeman IncGamers Member

Yes thank you for information, it has help me. thank you all 4 your help.

13. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

im sorry but none of those theories have been proven true.. my friend lost his ber rune in his enigma dusk shroud last summer so his runeword became incomplete. Cubing a high rune is also dangerous. ppl's cubed runes have been known to dissappear as well. Also all those "perming" techniques are not real either. Also if you have a duped rune in a runeword and blizz runs another dusk storm, the whole runeword would dissappear instead of the rune.

14. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

I agree with mhl12. Any runes that remain after perming is pure luck. I've had several runes disappear after doing a few of the methods you have described in the past, specifically cubing up the runes, as that is one of the few ideas I'll even entertain for getting a high rune.

Also, if you put a duped HR in a socket, I'm not sure if the ID tag is removed. Otherwise, how would ruststorm know what to delete, and what not to? If all that remains is a socketable ID, it would be difficult for Blizzard.

15. Spawn of God

Spawn of God IncGamers Member

do only runes disappear???

Admin Edit - Tips on keeping illegitimate items aren't permitted here. Thanks.

16. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

srry but we cant answer that question b/c we dont endorse the online selling.. and buying of d2 items since most of them have been attained by 3rd party programs (hacks, bots, dupes etc.)