Runes and awesome rare weapons on battlenet

AwesomeSound

Diabloii.Net Member
Runes and awesome rare weapons on battlenet

This may be a stupid question, but is there a limited number of runes or exceptionally awesome weapons and armor for ladder characters on battlenet?

All of the stuff I find sucks. Even the rare stuff is garbage. I'm curious if there are limited numbers of certain weapons and runes so that if people are hoarding this things, I'll just be wasting my time searching for a decent amulet or pair of gloves for my necro.

How do people get great items? Is it luck, or an insane amount of time spent playing DII?

Thanks guys!

Oh, and this forum rules!

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Runes and awesome rare weapons on battlenet

There is not a limited amount of each item.

With time and magic find, one can amass most of the high end unique and set items. The chance to find high runes is extremely, extremely small. Nearly all runes on the realms are dupes.

AwesomeSound

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Runes and awesome rare weapons on battlenet

Thanks Turtle. One more question, will a % increase in MF increase the frequency of magical/rare items I find or the quality (or both)?

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
An increase in MF % will increase the rate in which magical (blue), rare (yellow), unique (gold) and set (green) items drop. The quality however is determined by the area you are in, not the amount of MF you have so quality will not change if you are doing runs of a specific boss and change your MF%.