Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Runemaster for Avenger???

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by gzvernon, Apr 5, 2004.

1. gzvernon

gzvernon IncGamers Member

Runemaster for Avenger???

Heres the deal i have a 5 socket Rune master in waiting for my lv 84 Avenger, he is using a 319% nord's at the moment & needs a "poor man's BOTD" as i like to call it. My Runemaster has 5 sockets & was wondering if 2 sheals would be enough for IAS & 3 ED% jewels would be enough for this weapon to be effective in hell, i AM NOT A RICH CHARACTER so puting ohms in it would be out of the question,I looked at the Blood weapon crafting recipe for the zerker axe but my Runemaster already does 264% damage so making one might be kind of pointless if i can make this one work.

So my question is would 2 sheals & 3 high ED% jewels do it for me or not?

thank you in advance for reading

2. gzvernon

please can someone help me with this?????

3. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Ettin Axe starts at 16 FPA. With 40IAS from 2 Shael you hit 12 FPA (34% breakpoint, which you'd also reach with Shael/IAS). Next BP are at 50%, 78%, 120% and 215%. 12 is actually quite slow imo, but your decision.

4. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

That would not be too bad, if you had highlords wrath, and some gloves that gave you 20%, for a total of 80% IAS including the 2 shaels, this would give you the 10fpa rate, which is not too bad, with 120% and 215% needed for the final break points. All though, personally, I think there are better weapons out there

5. wisedoor

wisedoor IncGamers Member

It is a bad avenger weapon. It is a nice fana zealot weapon. Trade it if you want to make an Avenger.
    IMHO best avenger weapon not accounting rares are
    Horazon Tornado (ethzod if you can) <=- for avengers, it´s better than stormlash
    Doom Warspike
    Griz Caddy
    Beast Zerker
    HoJ Phaseblade
    Djinn Slayer
    (argh) BOTD

6. Jpech01

Jpech01 Banned

I think you got two choices here.
    If I were you Id go with 4 shaels and 1 ed jewel. That way you get a lot of speed, because ettin+avenger skills, will give you 3-5k (i think). My avenger actully uses a perfect +3 3socket heavens light septer with 3 shaels in it. My speed is great, and the damage is 2-4k.

7. xninja

xninja IncGamers Member

you forgot Famine runeword..puts all the rest to shame for avenger

8. gzvernon

like i said

I CANT AFFORD HIGH END WEAPONS!!!! (i.e.... Doom, BotD, Famine, Beast & so on)

I need a solution that is low cost but still delievers results at the same time.

this is why i ws looking at the runemaster i have just need the right combo of spped & damage to make it work.

9. Jpech01

Jpech01 Banned

Well since your so poor (lazy) not to try to get anything else...I think that the runemaster is fine. Put a combination of shaels and ed jewels in and your set. It'll give you around 3-5k damage which is enough for hell I guess...

10. gzvernon

I AM NOT LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just have really bad luck with MF & my trading inventory is very limited,so IF YOU DONT MIND DONT JUDGE PEOPLE YOU DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

Not everyone can afford a BotD , Doom or alot of the other cool runewords so we have to make do with what we have,THANK YOU!!

11. Jpech01

Jpech01 Banned

sorry man, what realm and ladder/nonladder. If its USwest ladder, I can hook you up with one of those axe's for free. And by the way, your luck will come soon enough. I was just like you, and then one day I got a botd 4 free and everything changed. Anyways, I know you can afford an UM rune, so go for crecent moon in a phaseblade. that'll give more damage than the runemaster.
    peace

12. gzvernon

sorry if i came on kinda strong but i try to get what i can but its not easy sometimes ,which axe were u talking about that you have that i could get hooked up with???

You wouldnt have a BotD or a Doom with low ED that you dont want?
    I know that they are the most sought after weapons,but since you got one free i though u might be able to help out a fellow player.

My acct names are:

*wayburn
    *wayburn3
    *wayburn5

Uswest Ladder

13. Jpech01

Jpech01 Banned

The axe is runemaster. But, the one I have is only 3 sockets with like 270% ed...anyway, I have a bunch of pally weapons that im not using that I can get rid of. Talk to me tomorrow or saturday, I'll be on the acct *Jpech

Btw, just cause I got one BOTD for free doesn't mean Im rich. It just allowed me to afford all the pally weapons I needed for my hammerdin. My only "get-rich-quick-scheme" that worked was my mf sorc, who I started from scratch (meteor sorc) and is now a 650%mf 45 sec meph running machine. Just be patient, good things will come.

14. gzvernon

thx --- see you in the next 2 days