Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

runeing?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by zzzxxxjjj, Jul 1, 2005.

1. zzzxxxjjj

zzzxxxjjj IncGamers Member

runeing?

if i was a mindless zombie and decided to just create character after character simply to rush them to act 5 so i could do the 3 rune quest, could i get all those high level runes i would like? assuming i am of course a ladder character. how long do you think it would take to get a zod rune using this method? meaning i use the cube and whatever recipe to create the next level rune.

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Personally, I think it'll be much faster to do Hellforge runs. You can save some time in that you don't need to complete Act 4 Hell.

Edit: Even the lowest rune that can drop off a hellforge (Hel) is 5 higher than a Thul. This means, that getting the lowest rune off the Hellforge, is equivalent to getting about 243 Thuls. (?)

3. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I think someone sat down and figured it out at some point, but it was an absolutely ridiculous amount of time. If you're on useast ladder, if memory serves, the more popular runes can be had for 2x ist + um, and those less popular for 2xist.

If you're dead set on cubing them up yourself, then I wish you luck. It'll take you quite a while - But at least you'll know the runes are legit.Then again, I'd get bored of the endless rushes to do it.

4. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

Well, getting a Zod Rune this way would take around a thousand years, 200 years give or take. Of course I'm being optimistic.

5. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

I made some calculations.
    Ral+Ort+Tal for cubing is equivalent to 13 Tal's (1+3+9).
    You'll also get El-Amn (according to my knowledge) from Normal Hellforge each time. El ~ 0.001372 Tals, Amn = 81 Tals. About 11 Tals from HF on average.
    So, 24 Tal runes per 1 rush to A5 Normal. Let's pretend you're lucky and will find, say, 3 Tals while you're rushing.
    The lowest rune from Hell Hellforge is Um, as far as I know. Whis requires 6377292 Tals to cube.
    6377292/27 = 236196. More than two hundred thousands normal rushes to get the LOWEST possible rune from Hell Hellforge! Of course, not worth the effort.
    Masas, I beleive, you're too optimistic with your 1000 years this way to Zod. Assuming 10 minutes per rush 236196 times of 24/7 rushing is 4,5 years just to get an Um! And Zod is 2048 Ums. 9 thouthand years - and you're guranteed to get a Zod! :D I went playing - sooner I start - sooner I finish. :lol:

6. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

The lowest hell hellforge rune is Hel, not Um.

7. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

Argh, yea. Um is NM HF maximum, not Hell HF minimum... Still, Um from Hell HF is quite realistic, if you do several rushes.