rune words in uniqes

tommym

Diabloii.Net Member
rune words in uniqes

Is it possible to make a runeword in a unique socketed armor, ie. Gris plate?

If so, does it keep its original stats, plus the runeword stats?

thanks!

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
You can only make runewords in items with grey text. You cannot make runewords in magical, rare, set, or unique items, even if they have the correct number of sockets.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Why would it suck? As if runewords aren't already overpowered without making them work in magical/rare/set/unique items too. :rolleyes:
True, but it'd be pretty dang fun to make a Rhyme'd Moser's. +45% Blocking, +70% FBR, +50% Resist-All, CBF, Magic Find... pair it up with a Guardian Angel and slap it on a Paladin with slvl 20 Holy Shield, and we're talking 132% chance to block (130 dex should be all you'd ever need for max block), and a 1-frame block animation, to boot. :shocked:

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Grief in a rune master...... That is just, wrong.

You will have dual wielding grief/beast barbs that uses runemasters instead of zerkers.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Lore IK helm I can understand. I think I blew a stealth or something before too. But enigma?????? They must have eBayed the runes. I would have been ultra careful when I make HR runewords.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
AnimeCraze said:
Lore IK helm I can understand. I think I blew a stealth or something before too. But enigma?????? They must have eBayed the runes. I would have been ultra careful when I make HR runewords.
Same here. I double check the rune order, just to be sure.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
i agree, i doublecheck when i make runewords, even with multimon i have the runeword page up on the second monitor and read off the runes as i put them in

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Or maybe a Grief/Doom/Beast in a Runemaster. :azn:
I dunno, I think you lose all the style points if you try to stuff in an already-overpowered runeword. Grief, Doom, Beast... no thank you. That Lore'd IK Helm would be pretty l33t, though. :grin:

Ooh, or you could make yourself a Malice'd Hone Sundan. :scratch:

Or better yet, just for sheer number of mods, pop Crescent Moon in a Tomb Reaver and get something with the following:

+380-500% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+150-230% Damage To Undead (varies)
+80% Increased Attack Speed
+250-350 To Attack Rating Against Undead (varies)
Ignore targets Defense
All Resistances +30-50 (varies)
+10-14 Life After Each Kill (varies)
+2 Mana per Kill
+50-80% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (varies)
+4 To Light Radius
10% Reanimate As: Returned*
10% Chance to Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning on Striking
7% Chance to Cast Level 13 Static Field on Striking
-35% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
25% Chance of Open Wounds
9 - 11 Absorbs magic Damage
30 Charges of Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf.

:shocked:

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
iv only seen a couple runeword attempts in aldurs mace tho, black was one, i laughed

why not go for a white in a leoric wand for +5pnb?
(if it could get 2sockets :rolleyes:)