Rune word timing

OutshineBaal

Diabloii.Net Member
Can't find info for this anywhere. These rune words will be the reason I'm institutionalized. Say you have 3/4 of a rune word, is it ok to place the 3 you have, and place the 4th later when you find it? The one I'm missing is 4th in the order/word so, I can't help but think that it'll be ok, anybody ever do this?

Haywire

Diabloii.Net Member
No. Bad idea. Create the runeword in one instance. A misclick and your runeword is toast. As a bonus, I love your translator. Institutionalized. Maybe a new char?

OutshineBaal

Diabloii.Net Member
I would 100% agree with that but I have the item tucked away in the cube without jewels/gems/runes. Only rings, amulets and charms are surrounding it. So it would be impossible to accidentally socket it. If anybody knows if socketing late would work please chime in. Or maybe I could try it on a lesser word? Waste some common runes?

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Of course it is "ok" to do so. The only thing that matters if that the runes are inserted in correct order.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Depends if it's a runeword containing high runes. I wouldn't put let's say Ber, Tir, Um and Mal in a 5 socket base, while still missing the Lum, because you'd feel really screwed up if you accidentally put something wrong in that fifth socket before you find the Lum. I know, chances are small that you do have the higher runes but not the lower ones, but you never know.