Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rune Word Repair Costs

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zhao_Yue, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

Rune Word Repair Costs

I recently made a Cresent Moon in a superior (+3 AR) rune sword for my telsadin and found that a full repair was a whopping 75k! I guess I should have waited until I found a phase blade :uhhuh:

Has anyone else encounter massive repair costs for their 1.1 runewords?

2. jwilliams152000

jwilliams152000 IncGamers Member

I believe that enigma's repair cost is around a million if im nit mistaken. thats where the cube recipes come into play!

3. Todd

Todd IncGamers Member

Ha! Try Holy Thunder in any reasonably decent scepter. I made one out of a 4 socket War Scepter w/+2 Holy Shock - not superior, not even exceptional/elite. Took a brief trip around the Outer Steppes, and came back to find that repairing 4 durability points (out of ~60) would cost me almost 40K! Nice weapon, but that was a bit much.

So yeah, runewords can get mighty expensive. For any melee character, I'd just stay away from superior or +skills items entirely. It's just not worth the cost increase.

4. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Ya, I wish they had fixed repair costs - they're insane for certain items. Armor I don't mind, that wears down fairly slowly and you can use a Ral rune to repair it. But using Ort runes to repair weapons is not really sufficient - they don't drop nearly enough to keep your weapon unbroken - especially for fast attackers. I'm dreading the repair costs of a beast beserker axe for my frenzy barb.

5. Kaelin

Kaelin IncGamers Member

Ort for weapon, ral for armor + item == fully repaired item....So start collecting orts :D Spend gold on gambling instead.

Regards,
    Kaelin

6. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

The reason it cost so much is because it's a superior item. In a normal item it cost at most 30k. Yeah, I found this out the hard way. :(

7. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Using a superior base item will definitely send the prices through the roof . . . something to stay away from unless you really need that boost.