Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rune searching...

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by billyphil, Mar 31, 2004.

1. billyphil

billyphil IncGamers Member

Rune searching...

How is the best way/place in the game to find the high class runes like zod, vex, cham, ohm..etc? Don't say "runes can drop anywhere" because that is really no help. here is what I think I know are facts: mf doesn't affect runes dropping, more runes will drop in games with more people solely because monsters will drop more items in general, not every monster can drop every rune because of the item level/monster level.

so I am guessing the place would be somewhere in a5 where there are a lot of guys in a small area in an 8 person game. Since mf doesn't affect the drops this shouldn't be hard since you can equip your strongest gear.

I have heard that the pit is a good place to find runes too, but can a zod even drop here?

What are your thoughts/experiences?

2. emmyangel

emmyangel IncGamers Member

hey ya, try doing some Pindleskin runs or maybe some Countess runs but make sure that u do this in hell b/c say if u do it in nightmare they tend to drop lots of el's and eld's. see if that helps :thumbsup: but it is hard to tell who drops runes and when and where they will drop so good luck huntin :spy:
    ohhh one other thing, i would get a bunch of mules and rush em' to hell and do the Hellforge!! good luck :lady: <<<i jus thought this one was cute

3. insenothepunk

insenothepunk Banned

The pit is a good place to find runes because it does have one of the highest area levels in the game. Also if you are doing the Pindleruns (my gf was right here by the way) then why not do eldrich and the overseer because sometimes they can drop some decent runes.

4. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Good places:

River of Flame and Hephasto
    Chaos Sanctuary
    Arcane Sanctuary
    Tal Rasha's Tombs
    Flayer Jungle
    Any lvl 85 area
    Mephisto

Those aren't in any particular order but any of those have good chances to drop high runes.

5. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

I like to kill thoe 3 super councel members before I kill meph, or after. They drop shael and up all the time.

I found a gul in a chest in the lost city, and most of my high runes were from chests.

6. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

There is some information on MF'ing, rune running and what not posted on the main page of the d2.net page. Though MF'ing does not have anything to do with finding runes, the information about the monster's TC (treasure class) and area levels is extremely helpful when determining a suitable place to hunt for runes. The respondents to this post have included very helpful information as well.

It may be possible to obtain high level runes in cow games as well...I once picked up an IST in a cow game. This was in 1.09 when cows had a TC of 87....I believe this has changed...however, make sure to go to areas where the monsters have a HIGH treasure class...

7. Quickske

Quickske IncGamers Member

in 1.09 it was possible to find cham and zod in cow runs

found those two myself, so, i know it's true

8. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Still possible to find all runes in cows. Meph still drops through cham (although pretty much never).

I found a Lo in the pits :-/ They drop ok I think.

9. ReZ The Profound

ReZ The Profound IncGamers Member

Chaos Sanctuary - In big games ALOT of runes drop
    Pindle - in 2000 runs i found Ber/Lo/Ko/Lem/Cham

those 2 are my personal favorites.