Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rune recipe

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by AxlRose, May 8, 2005.

1. AxlRose

AxlRose IncGamers Member

rune recipe

can someone link me the page for the rune recipes to cube the higher runes... from thul and up that would make a happy axl thanks :p

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

The formulaes are halfway down, do a ctrl + f for 3 Thul Runes.

3. AxlRose

AxlRose IncGamers Member

thanks

Looked at the wrong site:p was pretty sure AS was the site that had it but i was wrong :D thanks again. im planning to do a hell lot of countess runs and then transform em all :p aiming for enigma :lol:

4. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

I tried this - and trust me, hellforge runs are much, much faster. I did a test of 50 hell countess runs, which took, oh, a while, and ened up with mostly Eld, Eld and Tir runes - with one or two Dols and Hels in there.

If you figure that in order to make an Ist, you need about 354,000 Orts, or 8748 Hels...it kinda puts things in perspective. Not to mention the fact that I have found a few Ums in NM while 'rushing' my char through to hellforge...I put rushing in quotes, because it really isn't that fast...couple of hours. But getting a Hel at the end of Hell Hellforge is too many Hels for me... :p

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

50 countess runs take me almost exactly 30 minutes. You are judging too fast, a problem often seen these days. When I run her, I usually run for 4-5 hours straight, making for ~500 runs. Not keeping anything below Hel runes anymore tho... too much work getting chippies.

Forge rushing are only more effective if done in a large party. The LAN way of doing it is rushing to act 3 hell with one high level classic char (sorc or barb), then converting to expansion (this makes these chars start in hell act 1) and then using a high level rusher (expansion sorc) the rest of the way. If done right, it's possible in ~1hour and you get up to 7 forges each diff...

Oh, yeah, all of this is for SP chars, as I only play SP

6. Jemme

Jemme IncGamers Member

Been running Countess for a couple of weeks now with 717% MF (merc kill + isted baba + rhyme). I get 3-4 Ist's per week. Not to mention stuff up and down from Ist.

7. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

Well, MF doesn't work on runes, but still - that goes to show the diff in drops!

SP - Single Player?

8. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

Just to see, I did 1 straight hour of hell countess runs. Did 20 runs...highest rune was Sol - found 3x (twice on one drop) Pretty much a waste of an hour...ah well...proved my point anyway! :)

1. eld eth tal
    2. eth tir
    3. eld eld
    4. ral eth
    5. ral
    6. eth el
    7. tal ral
    8. eld nef
    9. eld eld
    10. nef
    11. tir sol sol
    12. ith
    13. ith el tal
    14. el
    15. tir nef
    16. sol tir
    17. ith el
    18. tir tal
    19. el tal
    20. el

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

If your runs are slow (like that) you are better off with hellforge. However, where you make 20 runs in 1 hour, I make 90-100 runs, giving me MUCH more higher runes than you.

I never figured people who run the countess 8 times and complain about how their Ist hasn't dropped yet. Same goes for any popular target for runs...

10. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

I hate to start a flame war, but as I don't like being chastized...

How do you manage 90-100 runs in an hour WITHOUT hacks or cheats?

11. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

200% FCR novasorc, ~1500 dmg, very good map, fast loading computer. Nova is damaging enough and fast enough to keep the whole mob in hit recovery until they die.

My sorc only dies to mana burn archer bosses with a second dangerous mod (strong, aura, fast). And I don't kill anything else, just the countess and those unfortunate enough to be close to her. Good merc helps too.

I am using the ladder-runewords mod, which does nothing but add the runewords blizzard is too lazy to add to single player (This means I have access to "Spirit" and "Insight" runewords, which help some, though they are not necessary).

12. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

As he mentioned earlier, he only plays SP. And on SP, once you've uncovered a portion of the map, so long as you don't change difficulties/join a game hosted by someone else, you keep that map, and anything you've uncovered.

So he can already legitimately see where he's going.

13. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

Ok - that makes sense. Guess on the ladder, doing 20-30 runs an hour is probably my max...and I die several times in that hour. However - I did find a Lum... :rolleyes:

And wow - that is fast...

14. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Yeah, it's fast... probably the fastest possible. My map (before my computer broke down :rant: ) had the door down next to the door up on all levels but one, and that last one was like 5 teleports anyway. With 200% FCR you teleport VERY fast, sometimes so fast I go past the location I want to teleport to... but after 15-20 runs I get into "autorun" or "autopilot" or something, and everything goes full speed, by itself... until I get hungry, or the phone rings, or something;)

Fortunately, the gear that gives much cast rate is gear that also gives good lightning damage!

Griffon's Eye(facet) -25%FCR, +20%damage, -25%enemyresist, +1 skills
    "Spirit" eth monarch - 35%FCR, +2 skills, 35%resists (not fire) 100+ mana, 55%FHR... GODLY
    Skin of the Vipermagi (wyrmhide, Um) - 30% FCR, 50% resists, big defense, MDR, +1 skills
    Caster ammy - +2 lightning, 9resist all, 20% FCR, 50ish mana
    Magefists (upped for fun) - 20%FCR, some mana regen
    Eschuta's Temper (facet) 25%damage, -5%enemyresist, 40%FCR, monster energy, +3 skills
    Arachnid's Mesh - +1 skills, 20%FCR 5%maxmana
    "Scintillating ring of the Apprentice" - 15%resists and 10%FCR
    Stone of Jordan skills, mana, you all know it
    War Travelers - +10str, +47%MF

This makes for 200%FCR and +11 lightning skills... along with a LOT of mana, and even some MDR ... so it could possibly be a decent ES gear as well. I have 1 "Sparking Grand Charm" as well... never found more than one, but I have 9 GCs with paladin defensive auras, for some reason...

15. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

i guess you did pretty fast too. it probably takes me longer on avg to do just 1 run on ladder. Over 95% of my time is spent in locating the tower and the stairs.

L and SP are not the same: you get "new" maps in each new game, monsters have better dmg/speed to chase/kill you, and 200%FCR would cause a ladder sorc desync very badly (even 105% may cause big troubles to players without reliable and fast internet; 63% is the safe # for most ladder runners). Also, Hell contess is always immune to F/C, so only a L-based sorc can easily kill her without the help of a merc.

16. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

In ladder monsters DOES have more hit points, but they are NOT more damaging, or faster, that is true only for the "guest" monsters in Act5 (compared to the same monsters in earlier acts). Hell Countess' immunities are not worse than other immunities, and can be dealt with, or you can use lightning, poison, physical or magic damage. Even a decent merc can kill her without worry (unless she is FE/CE/LE and he has poor resists).

The map issue is clearly the biggest problem on ladder, therefore I'd favour large party forge rushes. But this requires trusted friends, or hell of a lot of computers and CD keys (and time...). Forge rushes can be done LAN-wise too, but how many of us play D2 LAN very often? And when we do, don't we do it more for fun than for forge rushes?

Fast movement and desync is a problem I'm not that much aware of, I guess you'd end up against a black wall somewhere, but besides that, I'd think teleporting would be better than running?

17. HCTwinJava

Below is a quote from bnet website:

"Ladder Games Have Increased Difficulty
    "Ladder Games offer a more challenging type of gameplay than players will find in Normal Games. Monster AI speeds have been increased. Reaction times increased for Ladder Nightmare and Hell games. Basically every monster acts like a super unique. Monster Hit Points have been increased for Nightmare and Hell Ladder games too."

On average (with exceptions I belive), monsters on Ladder have more HPs, better AI, reduced response time, and increased speed. As a net result, they do more dmg to all player characters on L.

After I restarted d2 and switched to SCL, i have done more than a dozen full Hellforge rushes from Norm to Hell. I do this in a very casual way, as though I were actually questing the game. So i took a total of a few hours I guess. If this is done at full speed, a very decent sorc on SCL (so SC means you don't care about if rushees die) should only need up to about 2 hr fullying rushing 1-2 level 1 chars for Hell hellforge:

< or = 30 min for norm
    < or = 45 min for NM
    < or = 45 min for reaching Hellforge in Hell

the only challenges I have had is how to get my lvl 1 babies complete Norm/NM Baal quests. It's doable, but not that straightforward.

"I guess you'd end up against a black wall somewhere" - not always. when desync'ed you just don't know where you are: you may get killed by a monster that has never showed up on your screen. things like that.

18. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Ladder monsters have increased difficulty over non-ladder, but not over SP.

SP is, in almost all respects, off-line ladder play. The differences are that the map doesn't change (yay) but there is no DC/Anni or the new runewords or bug fixes (boo), and you can't mule (boo) unless you use Atma (yay).

19. HCTwinJava

Either ladder or non-ladder: is SP ladder? if not, then it must be non-ladder.

SP (offline non-ladder) is the easiest way of playing the game. Even if I play it with player 8, it still feels way less challenging than a typical ladder game. I wish I could set it to player 24 (but this still wouldn't grant monsters better stats with higher dmg).

Also, numerous cheats are available in SP.

20. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

That, you'd better not accuse me of. I play SP in order NOT to risk getting dupes or hacked items. Try getting a lvl 94 character with no help from others.

Oh, yeah... When Thrugg says something, you can be quite sure the info is correct.