Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rune Race

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Uzziah, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Rune Race

The rune race is a semi tourney semi experiment. Over the last few weeks many post have questioned where is the best place to rune hunt. The two most noted places are Hell Countess and the River of Flame.

Anyone interested may join in the rune race but they need to abide by the rules.

1. Run only one area
    2. Do only 100 runs
    3. Cube to the highest rune you can (you dont have to use gems if you dont want to)
    4. Score will be kept by number of Els required to make the runes found.

Sorry for not having an items to offer for the winner, but if any one else would like to offer up something and a time when the prize would be given they are welcome to make that offer.

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

nice idea, but it seems a bit too random. no skill involed, jsut pcik the fatest killer and do p1 runs alot. no need for extar MF, no need for any higher then p1. it requires no extar skill, and so potentialy anyone (even me!) coudl win. and i think i'd go insane doing countess runs all day...

3. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

im sure more people would be interessted if it wasn´t in the middle of MFO

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

yea, you might want to wait until that has died down. during or the week aftr will have less peopel antign to. a week of repetative runs followed by a week of repetative runs wont excite many people...

5. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

And i was wondering why the forums seemed rather quiet.. All MF'ing i guess...

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

well, ive noticed that utnil aout 9pm here (london, GMT+0) the forum has been very quiet. then in abotu half an hour, the number of people visiting here at least doubles.

7. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

That has to do with the timing its about primetime 9-11pm in Europe and just after work/school (for most players) 4-6pm in the US.

Phone calls increase significantly at 9pm in the US. Its almost a 2 to 3 fold amount. Just one of those things that happen.

8. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Hmm, good idea but would anyone run RoF? Because Countess quite likely drops mid-rare runes which can be cubed up, but RoF only few every now and then. Of course RoF could drop a rune which beats everythig you get from Countess but chances are quite bad.

And 100 Countess runs is about 1,5 hours of playing for me so it won't be long competition

But yeah, maybe after MFO :)

9. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

(As I keep saying) If you want a particular rune, you should run in a place that can drop that rune. The only example of a rune which is more efficient to cube than find is Zod cubed from Jahs and Chams. In any other example, except maybe Gul cubed from Countess runs, you expect to find one running in the right place, before you will find all the lower runes to cube one in another place.

So if you only want an Ist or lower, run the Countess by all means. If you want the higher runes, you might as well run a place which can drop them all.

I suggest there is a third place actually, the Kurast chest farm. It can only produce up to Ber, but you get as many chances at rune drops per second there as any other place in the game - just it's kinda boring running around only popping chests all the time.

10. farting bob

farting bob Banned

wow, a week or so of solid chest opening. i think i woudl go insane after a few days...

11. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Wouldn't this be more accurate if you say run this place or monster for a certain amount of time. Because a rune per time ratio is better rune per run since not all runs will take the same amount of time depending on the person and what you are running.