Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rune question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Benzee, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Benzee

Benzee IncGamers Member

I've just started playing again after about 15 years, and have been collecting runes to upgrade them in my Cube. I just tried imbuing three Dols and a chipped emerald like it says to, and nothing happened. I looked online and read somewhere that higher level runes can't be upgraded by non-ladder characters. Is this true? Am I completely out of luck here?

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Sorry, non-ladder characters kind of get the shaft with that.

Welcome here anyway! If you stick around here, I think you'll find that most of us who still play the game prefer Single Player over anything else. I go back and forth between 1.13d and 1.07, myself.

3. Benzee

Benzee IncGamers Member

Thanks. That's a bummer. I've put quite a few hours into this character hoping to create some cool runewords. Looks like that is all for naught. Someone on Reddit suggested I could "download a certain singleplayer mod so you can make ladder-only-RWs." Is that a thing?

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

It is, and it's enthusiastically supported here! It's really wonderful. You can also download ATMA or GoMule, either of which giving you the ability to save items in unlimited-sized stashes. It's a vastly superior system to trying to organize and perm mules online. Links can be found here: http://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/game-changes-help-thread-inc-atma-gomule.849306/

With ATMA or GoMule, you can also trade with other Single Players by e-mailing stashes. It works really well - check out the Single Player Trading Forum if you're interested. http://www.diabloii.net/forums/forums/single-player.100/

5. Benzee

Benzee IncGamers Member

Thanks. Can you tell me what it's called and how it works?

6. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

7. Benzee

Benzee IncGamers Member

Thanks. So this will allow non-ladder characters to upgrade runes that are only available to ladder characters, correct? Is this something that can get me banned?

8. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Oh, I'm sorry, it only works for Single Player characters, not for anything on the realms. As such, it's completely invisible to Blizzard.

9. Benzee

Benzee IncGamers Member

Sorry. I should have specified that I'm a non-ladder character playing on Battlenet. But I appreciate the info.

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

With other words: Many great things aren't available.

Many awesome runewords are ladder only and can't be made. Yes, they exist from previous ladder seasons (when a ladder season ends, all characters and their stuff are added to non-ladder), but you will have to trade for them and pay much more than on ladder.

Many great uniques don't drop on NL.

A couple of cube recipes don't work on NL - you already noticed that yourself :)

NL is dominated by obscenely rich people from the last 15 years with so immensely vast resources that you will never, ever come even remotely close to compare with them. They could drown you with free items which you consider as epic, but of which they have so much that they aren't even going to pick it up anymore.

Playing on bnet means socializing with others in some manner (multi-player games, trading, chat rooms etc). In my opinion, that doesn't work well on non-ladder if you are new to the game. Better play on ladder. If you want to play all alone anyway, single player is the better option.