rune master?

jwilliams152000

Diabloii.Net Member
rune master?

i just found a rune master ettin axe with 5 open sockets?

i didnt know that uniques could have that many sockets. this has the possibility of being one of the best pally weapons in the game i think.

its atma stats are:

Rune Master
Ettin Axe
One Hand Damage: 108-216
Durability: 23 of 24
Required Dexterity: 45
Required Strength: 145
Required Level: 72
Axe Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xaab418d1
+228% Enhanced Damage
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (5: 0 used)

i think with 5 40/15 ias this wep could be better than botd in my personal opinon
 

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
But who has so many 40/15 jewels? Maybe on Bnet but in SP...And I bet BotD zerker is still better

edit: Perfect Rune Master with 5 40/15 jewels would have ~188-376 damage and it would reach 5 fps zeal (lvl 20 Fanaticism, no ias from other gear). BotD zerker would reach 4 fps zeal without any ias from other gear and its damage is much higher

edit2: Also don't forget all other nice mods BotD has (ll, huge stat bonus, etc). And it is much easier to get Stormlash than Rune Master with 5 40/15 jewels (Stormlash would be better too)
 

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
It is a rather nice weapon... finding 5 40/15 jewels will take you a very, very long time though! Probably better to use a collection of low-end runes, gems and jewels until you can assemble a collection of suitable things to insert, then use the unsocketing recipe to remove the temporary space fillers.
 

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member
Shade said:
It is a rather nice weapon... finding 5 40/15 jewels will take you a very, very long time though! Probably better to use a collection of low-end runes, gems and jewels until you can assemble a collection of suitable things to insert, then use the unsocketing recipe to remove the temporary space fillers.
Amen to that! Now just to be more difficult, I have an etheral 5 soc rune master I belive, how does a perfect etheral onw with a Zod and 40/15's compare for arguments sake? (Just to be fair since your BOTD is going to be etheral and needing a Zod. This just leaves you with the task of needing a mere 4 40/15's now :) )
 

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Perfect ethereal Rune Master socketed with Zod and 4x 40/15 jewels would have ~262-525 damage. And BotD is easier to get and better too
 

Any1

Banned
LprMan said:
And BotD is easier to get and better too

How many totally legit BotD weapons do you think are actually out there? Both in SP and realms the runes have been duped to death.
 

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Any1 said:
How many totally legit BotD weapons do you think are actually out there? Both in SP and realms the runes have been duped to death.
Yes. I know that, and it is stupid that people have done so. But I meant that it is easier to get BotD than perfect Rune Master with Zod and 4 40/15 jewels
 

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
hey not every BotD is duped, i can assure you that... anywayz, i can imagne 5 reason what i would do with a 40/15 though... imo a runemaster is not really worth it

robin
 

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member
strijdje said:
hey not every BotD is duped, i can assure you that... anywayz, i can imagne 5 reason what i would do with a 40/15 though... imo a runemaster is not really worth it

robin
Of course a runemaster isn't worth investing a Zod and 4x40/15's, it was just an interest question for comparisons sake. Come to think of it I've never even seen a jewel with both e.d/IAS and only a couple of max/IAS jewels so of course using the 4x40/15's is rediculous. :)
 
Top