Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rune Drops?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Crudesash68, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Rune Drops?

What is teh best place to run for high level runes, (besisdes countess and HForge)? I want to make a high level rune word, but my NM helforge dropped an IO. that blows. feedback appreciated.
    -Jon-

2. Rugruth

Rugruth IncGamers Member

Here

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=178289

Ulrik's runefind guide...

In short, it says run cow level for most higher rune probabilities. If you look for quantity over quality, ppl say that lower kurast runs at p8 opening all the chests are the way to go...

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Io is used in Black, an excellent runeword. ;)

There are a couple of popular spots for runes:

- Any level 85 area will work.
    - "Wraith" class monsters (gloams, ghosts, finger mages) have a higher chance than most monsters to drop runes, so try areas with many of those. For example, Arcane Sanctuary has a lot of Specters.
    - If you have a build that kills fast over a large area, Flayer Jungle is good because of the large concentration of monsters. Same with the Cow level.
    - Lower Kurast (on high /players setting). Open all the chests/logs/bodies etc. Check Illiana´s posts from her runs.
    - Any high-level area with a sparkly (not quest-related) chest is a good run target.

4. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

You're gonna go crazy if you actually run areas for rune drops.

Having said that you should basically run high population areas on high players settings with chars that are rune-lucky. The last part being a highly subjective term.

For example, been running Pindle for elite drops and I don't get much runes. I've noticed that when I take my main MF'er (necro) out he doesn't get the rune drops he "used" to ... but that's probably more psychological than anything empirical.

Then, I play my wind druid that's in act4/5 NM and he's a rune finding fool. I mean, not the greatest runes, but we're talking Sols, Amns, Thuls, Hels etc ... are dropping everywhere. Bizzare.

So, the moral of the story is stick with a char that kills fast, over a large area, on high players settings like jiansonz said ... and pray. I think it was nobo that popped a Ber rune from level 2 sewers superchest just recently while doing LK, UK and Sewers runs.

5. Llathias

Llathias Banned

peh! i recently got a Dol from NM Hellforge :mad: highest rune in at the start of NM A5 is still Hel, but i'm enjoying my Stealth Field Plate! :clap: stop searching for runes, that'll drive you crazy. go for the low lvl runewords!

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

*looks at illiana*. I agree with bill there.
    I find that doing your normal MF runs will be a good idea providing that your MF place can drop some high runes (doesnt have to be up to zod). I do alot of WSK, and have started doing cows alot too, both of which can drop runes frequently, but both need a fast, strong character to do effectively.

7. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Ah, good...all the relevant advice has been given. Now, an impromptu concerto, inspired by CrudeSash68!

Rune drops keep fallin' on my head

But that doesn't mean my runes will soon be turning red

Moddin's not for me

But I'll never find those roonz by complainin'

'cause I'm SP

The cows are waitin' for meeeeeeeeee

-GG

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Encore! Encore!
    I sence a album of SPF covers in progress....

9. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

Which high runeword? Some "high runes" are still findable with a reasonable amout of work and some are pointless to look for.

10. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

I once had AmnRalMalIst, but not the ohm. according to Runewordwizard, call 2 arms is amnralmalist, not with the ohm. nasty shock when the zerker axe came up with 4 mods and no name.