Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rune drops in the Pit ?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Stimm, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Rune drops in the Pit ?

Ive done many hell Pit runs with my necro(s) and have not had much luck finding any runes. i think my best rune is probably a SOL, so my question is what is the highest runes that can drop in the Pit? Im figuring its probably pretty high based on the items that drop there but my experiance is showing other wise.

Slightly OT but in my last run i found the Uni Sacred Rondache, is this as good as HoZ, better , worse?

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Any area of level 81 or greater can drop Zod. This includes the Pit (lvl 85).

3. Dire_Wulf

Dire_Wulf IncGamers Member

Ive found lots more runes in Tamoe cests than in the pit itself. Someone posted results from 250 pit runs, the runes they pulled down were quite impressive

4. treldonis

treldonis IncGamers Member

I found a Mal rune once but for the most part, not much else. When I have an urge to get runes, I try to run countess(teleporting) then do the pit. I have had more success that way when the focus is runes.

I heard that Hellforge Hephasto drops well. This is the monster itself and not the actual quest. Haven't reached him yet so I cannot test that. Plan to when my resists are up a bit more.

Treldonis

5. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies. I never do any sequence of runs soley for one purpose ( runes , items ) its usually just to level and i take drops as a bonus. Ive done about 50 Hephesto runs and he s yet to drop me any rune at all

6. DaReaper-X-

DaReaper-X- IncGamers Member

What I have found to be quite rune-bearing is Travinical in Hell mode.

I have managed to pull 3x Gul and a few other useful runes from there, but, the area is quite difficult with all those explosions and cursers.

Kiji

7. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

I run the Countess alot in an effort to find runes. She's never dropped me anything spectacular, I think Lum is the highest I have seen from her. I just grab whatever she drops and cube my way up. Yesterday, on my way down to her, though, a carver dropped me a Pul :)

I've also run Hephasto quite a bit and he's never dropped me a rune either. I've done the council but only a couple of times. Definitely a dangerous place.

8. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I still much prefer an HoZ to either of the new Pal shields. Really not even close IMO. It's definitely the best all-around. The unique Zakarum Shield might have a specialized purpose with the first absorb & Inferno skill, but other than that the HoZ spanks either of the new pal shields.

9. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

hell Trav can be run easily with a skelly necro. My usual run goes like this: Go in Nihls portal and skelly my max of revives (12) run in kill pindle ; having 14 meat shields, max block , 10% dr and almost 900 absorb makes it quite easy i then portal out replace mana kill Eldrict go down kill Shenk , then go to Trav wipe them out , usually only takes 1 corpse then i can CE the rest of em pretty quick, portal out clear curses then head to the Pit usually takes me about 5 minutes to do all 4

10. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Countess runs can be useful, depending what you need. They're great for recipe runes... I did 50 NM runs over the weekend, and after cubing things up, had 5 sols, 2 shaels, 1-2 of everything lower, and lots of new pgems.

Best I've found in Pit was Lem... but as mentioned, anything could drop there.

11. nebby

nebby IncGamers Member

The Countess. Bah. That tight wench punked me last night. I enter a hell trade game, just to tool around with my spearazon. Notice that the Countess quest hasn't been done, and so head off to do it. After slogging through countless herds of LI monsters (always which seemed to coincide with 8 ppl in the game...), she finally makes her way down to the Countess. Countess spawns LI, spearazon chuckles at that. A few jab&dashes later, she's dead. And what does she drop? Eld, Eld, Ral. WTF? HELL COUNTESS? ELD, ELD, RAL? Uhh, excuse me, miss. There seems to be some mistake here. Umm, these were supposed to be at least Shaels...

12. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Try El and Eld. Thats what happened to me for my hell quest drop 2 nights ago.

13. annr

annr IncGamers Member

hell baby LOVES to drop rals for me, or nothing but el elds and crap rares.

however she teased me the very first two times i ran her a while back ago by dropping thunderstrokes and then bartucs. ;o