Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rune cubing spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by LeorictheDark, May 3, 2005.

1. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

Rune cubing spreadsheet

I actually made something of value... er... I think. I created an Excel spreadsheet that calculates how many and what kind of runes you'd have if you cubed them. I horde runes and I'm always curoius how many runes I could make with all 93 EL runes I have. All you do is copy your Atma readout to the spreadsheet and viola... it does all the math. 2 questions

1) does this exist on this forum?
    2) would anyone use it?

I'm posting it tonight and I'll update this thread with a link if the community has a use for it.

LTD

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Yes, such a thing has been made before (i have 1 that i incorperated into my medieval mart spreadsheet) although i tend not to use it, because big numbers can be depressing, and it always seems to give really big numbers...

3. LeorictheDark

:( I figured as much. Originality has been quashed by the internet. Woe is me.........

4. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

I would love to see what you have come up with. I also horde runes, and someday, will upgrade to that ever escaping Zod...

5. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

I made one for myself. always nice to use to laugh at the people who claim to have cubed high runes from Shaels or some such nonsense

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

<to the tune of 99 bottles of beer>
    2507653251000 els on the wall,
    2507653250000 els,
    Knock 3 down, cube it up
    2507653250997 els on the wall.

2507653250997 els on the wall,
    2507653250997 els,
    Knock 3 down, cube it up
    2507653250994 els on the wall.
    Come on folks, you know the words!

7. Gnoggen

Gnoggen IncGamers Member

correct me if i'm wrong...

I thought that thul is the highest rune you can cube. If not everybody would have zod's by cubing by now. ;) Though it SHOULD be possible. Quick! Lets all petition blizzard! lol.

8. midnightvulture

midnightvulture IncGamers Member

You can cube all the way up, but you need to start putting gems into the recipe after Thul. As Beachbabe says, it takes A LOT of little runes to make a zod.

mv

edit: and btw, i thinks the spreadsheet's a cool idea anyways

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

It is possible. the cube recipes to cube up runes higher than thul are ladder and SP only, introduced in 1.10. so we could in theory cube zods, but it'll take approxitely 7000 millenia, including leap years, working at 18 hours per day at a constant speed for 1 person to cube els to a single zod. Now i think is time for more intersting facts...
    Using mules, completely full of els and a cube, it would take about 9gb of HDD space to store them all.
    the time it took to collect al the els via email, if every person sent 10 els in a single mule would add another 800 years to your quest.
    The gems also needed would add 2gb, and anotehr couple of centuries to collect via email.

2507653250994 els on the wall,
    2507653250994 els,
    Knock 3 down, cube it up
    2507653250991 els on the wall.

10. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Thats interesting news. What I think we underestimate is the size of the SPF. Assuming we have 1 million members and cube anything from thul onwards, we'll get a zod way sooner than that :lol: Of course no one would bother.

Back to the topic, I think the runesheet is a good idea, nvm its been done before, there's no link here IIRC.

PS: whats an ATMA readout, something like flavie or something?

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

No, its just when you right click a item in ATMA and select view, you get the graphic and its stats. the readout is just those stats. (with fingerprint etc)

12. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

I know abt that but I assumed it was something else since that doesn' tell you all the runes you have for the spreadsheet to work.

13. DougTheHead2

DougTheHead2 IncGamers Member

He's talking about a full/partial dump. Under utility, you can do a partial dump, cut and paste, etc. The function is just like the original version of ATMA, before muling capability.

14. HBeachBabe

it would take 725,594,112 Thuls to cube a Zod.

it takes 177,147 Thuls to make a Pul and it takes 4096 Puls to reach Zod

assuming you could find 725 million Thuls, it would take 362,706,435 cubings to turn them into a Zod (and an accompanying 362 million gems). Lets assume you could load the 3 (or 2) needed runes (and gem) into the cube in 10 seconds and cube them up it would take 115 years of non-stop cubing to make that Zod from your Thuls.

OK, so that's undoable. Let's talk Ists. it take 256 Ists to make a Zod. Thats 511 cubings. at a more realistic 30 seconds load, transmute, unload that 4.25 hours of continous cubing.

cubing a Zod from anything lower than Ber is simply unrealistic not just in actually finding the runes (near impossible in legit SP) but in terms of the time involved even if all the lower runes were donated by the masses to one person

15. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I don't even think Zod ... that's a total waste of time. It would be easier to find a Zod before cubing one.

My goal is a Ber but by finding rather than cubing.

My highest runes were all found. I have cubed up to Lem/Pul before ... but that was an exercise and a half.

Just finding a Gul far, far outstrips cubing.

I've found three so far, three Mals or so, no Ists and two Ums from Hellforge ... I could make HoTo but i'm still holding out.

This thread raises an interesting idea.

What if we all had a rune cubing tourney. We would all play normally and then donate our runes from our ATMA stash ... we'd probably get an Ohm or Sur in a week. Of course, the issue of legitimacy would be a huge cloud over this tourney ... plus AE and Kremtok probably wouldn't all this to happen in the SPF for those reasons anyways.

Still, an interesting idea for those who would do this in close circles of trusted players.

16. HBeachBabe

finding the runes you want (or trading) is really the only realistic option. cubing up is really only useful for low runes or to get you up one maybe two levels (from Gul to Vex for instance). and to find runes, just kill lots of things.

BTW, 64 Ists will get you a Ber. start saving!

17. HBeachBabe

isn't Gul the best you can get from HF? if so, it would take 1 a day to reach a Ber in a month (32 days actually). How do you get 1 Gul a day?

18. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe IncGamers Member

Krem (or AE - I forget) slapped me down (in a very polite way) when I suggested a RFO so I don't think any rune tourney would be a goer much in all as I love the idea.

MAAM

19. LeorictheDark

Well I finally got around to posting it so here it is for anyone who would like to use it. :D

www.kwaskeconsulting.com/runecube.xls

Someone let me know if any of the math is wrong and I'll fix it.

Thanks,
    LTD

OT/Kinda': can someone please explain HF rushing? How is it done?

20. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

As a true single player the only way I can do HF is through regular char questing/levelling. Not too familiar with HF rushing per se.

I suppose you can use a powerful char and play on players1 for quickest movement through the game and hit the Hell Forges. I'm sure you could get one char a day to Hell HF.

I could do this with a skellymancer i'm sure with CE. You could literally run through the entire game on p1 cursing and attracting and amping and CE'ing the whole way.