Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rune cubing challenge

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by dantose, Apr 2, 2004.

1. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

Rune cubing challenge

Ok, this is what my El race has turned into.

The idea:

pool the low level runes of the OTF and see how high we can cube.

The rules:

"low level runes" are what ever you interpret them to be. my advice is don't toss anything out you can't live with out (duh)

Total el equivelents and higest rune made will be posted regularly. Names of front runners will also be posted and amounts contributed will also be posted.

I will run this until the forum loses interest or until we get a Zod (doubt we will reach there.

The prize:

Highest contributing player gets pick of either the top rune created or all others in the stack

Second place gets what ever the winner didn't choose.

I will act as score keeper and will not be eligable to keep any runes regardless of how many I put in.

Other stuff:

Post when you donate.

Post any questions

Send runes to [email protected]

2. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

We now have 560,041,315 El equivelents.

Higest rune: Fal

A good start, keep them coming

3. bladejj

bladejj IncGamers Member

Regarding that rune given, I was just going to ask this question.
    Suppose you decided to give lets say a ohm rune. I don't think anyone will give higher so the chances of you getting you same ohm rune back, or mabey even something higher is pretty good. Is my reasoning correct? Also when someone gives a high-mid level rune its almost impossible to match that with ith, eths, or rals.

4. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

i think that if you give an ohm rune, and everyone else gives enough stuff to cube up to an ohm, then you get a Lo. of course if someone gives somehting higher than an ohm, you just lost a rune, i guess. :D

5. bladejj

bladejj IncGamers Member

lol ya I was just talking my dad buster about entering one of his high level runes, but he said that someone would probably top him with a ber or something. So this could turn into a big rune gambleing challenge :D

6. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

to be honest, I'm not sure how it will work out. The thing with someone tossing out a high level rune is if they win it they only have the choice of getting that high rune back or getting the lower runes. I figure most people will toss in low runes that they don't really need anyway. I'm dumping all my cheap one's into the mix even though I'm not in running to win anything. I may actually limit the level of runes that can be submitted if people start trying to buy the pot with super high runes. Right now I'm waiting to see how it pans out.

7. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

The OTF? You managed to get by the anti-D2/blizzardness to get their runes? I'm impressed! ;)

8. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

well, can you guess which forum I've been frequenting? actually, durf still has that zod if I recall so there are some big runes in the OTF crowd. the real question is how much flame would I get for asking over there?

9. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

cool, i have LOADS of els/elds and i'm willing to participate some highers too ;)

let me check my rune stash when i get back from work :D

robin

10. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Here is my question, say you gather up enough runes to cube an Ohm (probably not likely but may be) and at the very end somebody comes along and says I'll throw in my Ohm rune. They would have contributed the most to get the Lo so would they win??? And if they did, could they have the option on not actually cubing the two Ohm's together to make the Lo and just keep the two Ohm's?

I guess what I am saying is that before I'd consider contributing I'd want to know the more iffy details such as this (not that I'd enter my Ohm or Ber :uhhuh: ), cuz I would consider entering some runes if things were cleared up a bit more.

11. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

Nothing is going to be physically cubed till the end. If there is a problem with someone trying to buy the pot by tossing in one very high rune then I will likely put a cap on the rune level and send non conforming runes back to people. I don't want to tie this thing up with bunches of rules because there will always be a loophole and I'm not sure how people will contribute. Don't worry, I'm sheilding this thing from abuse.

12. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

so you basically have the following runes
    1 el, 2 elds, 2 tirs, 2 eths, 1 tal, 1 thul, 1 amn, 2 sol, 1 lum, 1 ko, and 1 fal.

:rant: I can name at least 4 people who have gotten more than that el equivelents in 50 runs of either countess or RoF.

Yes it is a good start its about 3/1000ths of a % of 1 zod. My question to you is who will be giving you the gemstones to cube once you get above thul. Just to get to the Ohm rune that has been discussed will take 7558272 assorted gems. Of course people giving you rune above thul will help out but not to in an amount that is worth talking about. :rant:

Sorry about the rant but I have not been feeling well and I just needed to put some numbers out there to get everyone thinking a bit clearer about this and how fast the number needed increases.

13. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

I will be using my gem collection to cube. If I run out (probably of chiped if anything) I'll ask for gem donations. I got a fair amount stashed so I can probably be mostly independant though.

14. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

ok, cool post in this thread when you send them off.

15. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

You would get a hefty trouting for sure. ;)

16. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

Trout may be a risk I'm willing to take

17. jwilliams152000

jwilliams152000 IncGamers Member

Dantose i believe that i sent u a fair share of runes which i cant remember(one of which was the fal) so if u still have the ones i sent u could u post for me.