Rune Calculator

Darkthrone

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey everyone!

After having not played D2 for a few months, I have recently been bitten with the bug again, and have since been playing on and off at work (on lunch breaks :p) and catching whatever time I can at home that my cat will allow me :)

Anyway, in the past I have casually mentioned that I had created a script that reads through a GoMule report and calculates the runes, so you can see what you could potentially cube up to (it doesn't take into account gems). I thought maybe others might find it interesting and perhaps even useful. I use it all the time when I want to make a new runeword.

It's just an HTML file and a JS file. You can download the source here: https://bitbucket.org/Bonesnap/rune-calculator/downloads

And more info about it is here: https://bitbucket.org/Bonesnap/rune-calculator

It's currently a work in progress (I am looking to redesign it) and I am open to any suggestions or if you discover any bugs please let me know. I have thought about expanding it (or creating a new project entirely) that will read the entire report file and present something that's really well styled and easy to navigate/read (maybe with some tabs or collapsible areas). Please let me know if you'd be interested in anything like that!

Thanks for reading!

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Would something that calculates your Grail perfectness be too hard to make? :D (I could imagine it being quite a job to write a script for that)

In this thread we calculate it by hand in Excel sheet.

ThomasJohnsen

Diabloii.Net Member
Would something that calculates your Grail perfectness be too hard to make? :D (I could imagine it being quite a job to write a script for that)

In this thread we calculate it by hand in Excel sheet.
If you have some links to descriptions on how the item system of dii is built and how GoMule stores the items, I could write a program to calculate grail status. It would be in the form of a .Net program though; most likely in C#, but if someone prefer another language so they can modify my source, I am open to other suggestions.

#EDIT: I have looked a the .txt files, and reading those is no problem. If the GoMule stored files are similarly built, it shouldn't be too hard to come up with software to compute various stats, including grail status.

Last edited: