Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Run Hell Andy or NM Meph (both quest bugged)

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by behling, Jul 8, 2008.

1. behling

behling IncGamers Member

Run Hell Andy or NM Meph (both quest bugged)

hi guys i can either run hell andy or NM meph. my question is

Is running Hell andy more profitable then NM Meph? i can run Hell Andy but it takes alot longer then NM meph but if its worth it i'll go for andy.

for NM meph bug, do i need to wear MF gear? because i read that no MF gear was needed as it was irrelevant to the situation. does that mean it has to be pure 0 MF or it jsut doesnt factor in?

i got a tal face mask from NM meph a few days ago. is it possible for NM meph to drop full tal set? or only the face mask? cos i wanna get the full tal's set

thx

2. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Re: Run Hell Andy or NM Meph (both quest bugged)

NM Meph can drop from TC 54 and highest rune he can give is Um, while Hell Andy can drop from TC 69 and give runes up to a Lo.

So Hell Andy would be better. Also, you can still continue questing even if you bug andy, which is impossible with meph.

EDIT.

Andy bug(or any boss quest drop glitch) have no effect(positive or negative) to MF items, so you can use as many or as few MF items as you like. MF does factor in to the quest drops normally(AFAIK).

3. AlabasterFilth

AlabasterFilth IncGamers Member

Hell Andy would be better than NM Meph, assuming they are both bugged.

But, as poppis said, you can continue on with the game while still having andy bugged. Bonus.

Also

if you can run Hell Andy, you're a stone's throw away from being powerful enough to run Hell Meph, imo.

Run Hell Andy until you get good enough gear to get to Hell Meph; then, do bugged Hell Meph + bugged Hell Andy for each run. Great gear in no time :party:

4. BaQ

BaQ IncGamers Member

What do you mean by bugged?

5. LupusPhoenix

LupusPhoenix IncGamers Member

I'm curious how you "bug" Meph since I thought you could only get him to quest drop by not completing the quest.

6. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

He means glitching meph by not completing the quest. Only Andy is bugged.

EDIT.

Read this thread.

7. Mimeaphone

Mimeaphone IncGamers Member

As a previous poster said, you should be pretty set to do Hell Meph now as he's really similar to NM Meph except with higher hp/ more dangerous attacks. If you do the moat trick, you'll be doing exactly the same run but it'll take roughly half a minute more to whittle his hp down.

One thing that would be good to know is your fcr, fhr and resist stats. Without knowing these, it's hard to say for sure whether you should be running Hell Meph. Also, one final piece of advice on starting to run Hell Meph is that survivability > skill damage so bring those stats up (resists being the msot important) as you wanna be able to tank those pesky hydras and a few cold balls/ lightning shots as you spam your meteo/ blizzard.

8. behling

behling IncGamers Member

tats the problem. NM meph takes 2 mins?. tp tp tp, static, frozen orb dead. but hell meph. TP takes longer cos 4 levels. need to clear the chamber b4 andy's location and then clear the chamber in andy's locations and then walk in cirlces frozen orbing andy. i am just to weak to go face andy side by side and static because

0) **** gear
    1) **** resistance all ready -20 -40 -60 -50
    2) **** HP. 700 HP 2 hits and im dead.

total run for andy time is just too much trouble.

9. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Well if thats the case, the answer is simple. Do NM meph.

At least long enough to get better items, so you can survive Hell Andy.

10. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Why do you bother to clear the room before Andariels chamber?
    Just teleport right into her chamber, clear the front of the chamber, teleport once back and forth to attract her and dispose her off.

11. Mimeaphone

Yea, I didn't recommend doing Hell Andy at all cause shes hard unless you have good resists, and even then, kills your merc and takes too long to be worth it. Hell Meph is easier to get to, easier to kill and drops better stuff. Although with -20 fire resists, I'd hold off from doing him too and would either do nm andy/ meph runs or cow runs for some resistance charms/ resistance gear.

12. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

My personal Opinion Orbers are not very good MFers.

Bilzzard can and will do meph with much crappier gear. The only thing you really need to worry about with a blizze is 63 FCR and some FHR gear. A high life pull will make it easier as well.

Mine has negative resi to all elements has been glitching hell meph for about a week now and doesn't die ever.

Set up

Skullds
    3 P Topaz Helm/Night wing
    Occy
    Gwrap
    Dwarf Star
    Rare resi
    Rare MF Boots
    Spirt Monarch
    Resi AMmy
    Frost

Aliabab with Millberags on switch

13. behling

behling IncGamers Member

lol i wont even get to hell. TP halfway. got smacked to death by mobs. guess i dont have FCR or FHR = time to stay in NM baal.

14. Burn-X

Burn-X IncGamers Member

If you want to try Hell Andy, you should start finding good gear for your merc. Try especially to max Posion resist.

Don't know if the extra damage to mercs from end bosses apply to their spells, but my merc with 85 Poison resist (Andariel's Visage) instantly loses a chunk of his life when Andy perform her poison spray attack.

If I remember correctly, Act 5 mercs have a higher poison resist compared to the other mercs, so you might use that to your advantage if you want to run Hell Andy exclusively in the future.

15. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

Hell andy is easily done with blizzard by luring her to the center of the room, and then casting a blizzard in center and teleing back and forth. She will continuously walk through blizzard and eventually die.

16. Mimeaphone

@Burn-X: In my experience, Hell Andy and Meph eat mercs for breakfast, even when slowed by blizzard/ full resists/ and with me tanking a good portion of the damage. The only thing that keeps them alive is about 1-2 full rejuvies per run, which isn't worth it imo. I've heard kelpie snare helps in that regard but never tried it as I don't think my merc will help me kill fast enough to be worth the trouble.

17. Burn-X

Burn-X IncGamers Member

True, Full Rejuv really helps in keeping the merc going, but they are not that troublesome to get. They can be easily found if you kill off one or two mob of unique/champion monsters. This of course eats into the MF time, so normally I already have some of them ready in stash which I collect from my other MF runs at other areas. Though I understand some people not wanting to do this.

What I am pointing out is that if he does use his merc heavily, he needs to equip his merc well enough to distract Andy long enough for him to spam his spell in safety.

18. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

When running bosses, except for Baal i never bring my Merc along. You can keep him alive, but that just takes time and is a waste. Rather just teleport around and spam Andariel and Meph.

19. DH Amazon

DH Amazon IncGamers Member

I use Rogue merc. Andy can't kill her and little slow helps while I static.
    I can moat Meph while using Rogue, she shoots over moat too. And little slow helps while I static meph.
    And she stays alive too when I do Dia and Baal. And she can take down every double immunes. Souls can't kill her or iron maiden either. She just need couple red bottles now and then and she is happy. She is not purple bottle addict like desert junkie.
    She is almost (she got killed about once per 30 runs) bulletproof merc.

20. Mimeaphone

Wow, sorry to high-jack this thread but what do you equip her with? o_O Though I enjoy my walking mana fountain/ aggro collector/ fat meat shield/ double immune killer, I might just switch to rogue if she works so well :).