Rumours. True or false?

Evil Monkey

Diabloii.Net Member
Rumours. True or false?

I've heard several rumours around b.net not knowing which to believe and which to trash. For example:

1. Is it true that you get an increased MF rate, the more gems you keep in your inventory?
2. DOES Meteor really give only half exp if you use it in Baalruns? (maybe other places too)

I'll prolly update it soon.

Thanks in advance.
 

dang79

Diabloii.Net Member
aragorn_elessar said:
Public battle.net
Did you also hear that if you run around that cow in the rogue encampment long enough, Andariel will drop an SOJ if you kill her?
 

Gorny

Banned
dang79 said:
Did you also hear that if you run around that cow in the rogue encampment long enough, Andariel will drop an SOJ if you kill her?

yeah that one is true, however you need to run in circles both in game and in rel life for 10d5 years, and then there is a 3720 to 1 chance that she drops it.

:thumbsup:
 

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Oi, aragorn_elessar, maybe there should be a thread made that only denys rumors? :D
Apart from those mentioned here, there are dozens asked every day in different forums here.
I only tried one myself, to kill all the worms in duriels cave, nothing happened. Since then, I learned to have a critical point of view.
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
aragorn_elessar said:
yeah that one is true, however you need to run in circles both in game and in rel life for 10d5 years, and then there is a 3720 to 1 chance that she drops it.

:thumbsup:
It's important to know that you have to run around the cow the other way around if you live on the Southern hemisphere, because you have to counter the Coriolis force...
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
twoflower said:
oh and what does the chat area gem do ? :clap:
Each time you click on it, a Blizzard employee receveives a harmless, but painful electrical shock, delivered by a small needle in his seat, which is meant to encourage him to fix a bug in the game. That's why the original Diablo crew quit BTW.
 

IVIaster

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Each time you click on it, a Blizzard employee receveives a harmless, but painful electrical shock, delivered by a small needle in his seat, which is meant to encourage him to fix a bug in the game. That's why the original Diablo crew quit BTW.
haha lol truth or joking? if it's truth life just got a whole lot better... new anger managment tool....
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
IVIaster said:
haha lol truth or joking? if it's truth life just got a whole lot better... new anger managment tool....
When doing MF runs, I enter a chat room and click on it once. It helps not to get thrown out due to making games in a too rapid succession. I guess you just have to do anything in the chat room, but that saves me from communicating with the guys there :)

Seriously, clicking the chat gem has no effect, except for many people discussing about what it does - which is the purpose of the gem.
 

Gorny

Banned
krischan said:
When doing MF runs, I enter a chat room and click on it once. It helps not to get thrown out due to making games in a too rapid succession. I guess you just have to do anything in the chat room, but that saves me from communicating with the guys there :)

Seriously, clicking the chat gem has no effect, except for many people discussing about what it does - which is the purpose of the gem.

It does sometimes say "perfect gem activated".

- Ive done that myself.

Others say it says "moooooo" now and then.
 

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Clicking the Chat Gem too often causes your mouse, slowly but surely, to break. This is due to a deal made between blizzard and logitech i guess.
It also involves doctors specialized in curing finger-aches.
:rolleyes:
 

dang79

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
It's important to know that you have to run around the cow the other way around if you live on the Southern hemisphere, because you have to counter the Coriolis force...
Darn I'm on the equator... what works for me?
 

distancepieman

Diabloii.Net Member
dang79 said:
Darn I'm on the equator... what works for me?
Stand on top of the cow facing East and yodel for 7.35 minutes, then take three steps backward, 4 steps right, sacrifice a small rodent, and drink a bottle of Black Velvet. This is 100% guaranteed to make something bad happen.

~Bails
 
Top