Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rules of Conviction.

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Dennis_KoreanGuy, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Rules of Conviction.

Hey. I realized not many people are aware of the "tapping on conviction" to negate another's, so I decided to post this to inform them.

#1: lvl 25 Conviction will get you maximum -150% enemy resistances. Any more will just lower enemy's defense.

#2: in PvP, if you flash a lvl 30 conviction but your opponent uses his lvl 31 convic, you will be convicted, but your opponent will not be. This is perhaps an unfair bug, but you can use this to your advantage. It is usually impossible to tell which is higher just by looking, as you will both be wearing the green aura.

#3: in such scenarios where your conviction is being overriden, there is a method to negate your opponent's conviction. This is tapping the hotkey to your conviction as fast as you can. Think of it as continuously flashing Conviction On On On On On, giving no time to go off. Note that if you do this, although his conviction will not effect you, your own conviction will be negated as well.

You can easily test this with a paly of your own and a friend's one. Get him to convict you, and you will realize you have to tap pretty fast to remain convictionproof 100% of the time.

I hate doing this, I'd rather change pcombats for off auras to negate theirs. Just a fact if you didn't know. :wave:

2. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

Hmm, if this is true, wouldn't BNet own you for switching auras too quickly? I've heard of that happening before. o_o

Besides, I think it'd just be easier to stack. :p

3. Valvolux

Valvolux IncGamers Member

I think one fact why people don't use this (apart from not knowing about it) is that as pointed out you have 'tap' your aura hotkey constantly (and quickly) for it to work, which is a major pain when dueling most times. Light resist aura usually works fine vs pure foh pallies.

4. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

ink already posted this a few hours ago

5. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Its not switching your auras too quickly. Its just one aura.

and yes, continuously scrolling the scroll wheel or rapidly switching between two or more auras will get you disconnected.

6. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

Oh, I didn't read it closely enough. So you just mash the conviction hotkey?

7. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Pretty much. I found this out near beginning of 1.10, but back then there was this huge hush hush of this fact, literally known to about 10 ppl in west.

but apparently it leaked and I believe it's not good enough to be kept a secret. :evil: