Ruby Jewel of Fervor!!

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Ruby Jewel of Fervor!!

I had a friend toss me something yesterday that really gave me a jolt. He whispers me, "make a game, I have something for you".

So I enter the game and he tosses a jewel on the ground, and I see it's a Ruby Jewel of Fervor!

Man, I about crapped my pants! Until I pick it up and read the mods "36% Fire resist and 15% Increased Attack Speed".

DOH!!! I see RUBY jewel and I automatically think of DAMAGE, not FIRE RESIST. In fact, for a split second when I see the 36% I think that's damage %. ARRRRGGGG.

Well, he got a good laugh out of it at least. rofl!

ZappaFan

I'd never really paid attention to what the first resist prefix was before really. I saw "ruby" and fire resist never entered my mind. Now when I see "ruby" that's going to be the FIRST thing I think of lol.

Joel9-Co

Diabloii.Net Member
ZappaFan said:
I'd never really paid attention to what the first resist prefix was before really. I saw "ruby" and fire resist never entered my mind. Now when I see "ruby" that's going to be the FIRST thing I think of lol.
Still, not a too bad prefix if you're in need of fire resist.

ConnerMacleod

Diabloii.Net Member
Spam that in the channels, and trade for godly!

Ruby Jewel of Fervor (36%/15ias) for your GODLY OFFER!

Bet anything someone would offer up and trade for the thing because they do the same thing as you Zap.

moby

Diabloii.Net Member
That's a great jewel for the right character. You can make some awesome armor with that and 3 others like it. Put them in a 4 socket of the whale armor, and you will have 35+ resist all, 60 IAS, and 90-100 life. Not to shabby at all.

I'd say it could be best used by an bowzon, but not as many of those now a days.

-moby

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Sad how I knew exactly what this thread was about from the title. I've gotten 2 of those bastards myself over my D2 career... neither one was %ed.

senji

Banned
did they raise the resist % for jewels? i thought jewels can get up to 30% for a single resist only
they change it?

STINGER

Diabloii.Net Member
Ya some guy tossed a Ruby Jewel to the ground in a run last night and I sprang into action to find it was resists.

ZappaFan

I just double checked the resist and it's only 21%. My brain must have added the 15% IAS somehow :bonk:

Pent

Diabloii.Net Member
I've seen 40% resist on a jewel I believe
let me find the page that tells you...

ooops
Ruby Resist Fire +16-30% Jewels(18)

senji

Banned
i don't think 40% even exist unless they raise it
40% would be too powerful combine with other mods i think

keanu

Diabloii.Net Member
i found a 33/8 max dmg jewel in .09 once..
but the weird thing was, it lay'ed id'ed in town...
guess some way-to-rich dude didnt think it was good enough..

Sip

Banned
now that we are sharing jewel stories...I found a 40%/11max jewel back in .9

I got Shako+tals armor+tals ammy+occy for it D:

gummy

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually found a 40ed/15ias cowing in .09, stuck it in the windforce I found off pindle 2 days earlier and made everyone think I had dupes :eek:

Cleglaw_Himself

Diabloii.Net Member
Back in 1.09 when I was into cubing jewels, I cubed the ultimate Ruby (40%ed) of Fervor.
That's how I struck it rich (well rich for me).

keanu

Diabloii.Net Member
i do believe if people found 40/15 jewels.. found a 37/15 in 1.10
but i find it hard to believe the people with an 15x/60 ias archon plate with 9x life, 11x/45 ias bone visage with 3x life are all legit..
its a shame people think, the jewel aint perfect, so its legit..

LuckyDwarf

Diabloii.Net Member
In 1.09 I found a 32/15IAS, and 3 high end ed/maxs, which I can't really recall what the mods are, but all were over 37/13.

Lucky