Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

RRM why not?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by druidkid9, Sep 25, 2006.

1. druidkid9

druidkid9 Diabloii.Net Member

RRM why not?

hi all this is a wierd question but i want to know.

RRM allows runes to become the color red when droped on the ground so it becomes easier to see in a huge pile of items. I use RRM because it makes my life easier when i press alt to see what items drop and if i see a red i instantly know it is a rune. So why doesnt everyone use it? i have been looking over past touneys and have noticed that no one uses it??? is there something else about the RRM that i dont know about???

Sorry for this question.

Thanks DK9

2. YoungDbl

YoungDbl Diabloii.Net Member

It just is considered a taint. Some people are so strict to vanilla that they fear anything that isnt straight out of the cd.

3. Harrid

Harrid Diabloii.Net Member

I do not use it because I just do not see the point. It really is not that hard to look for runes while holding Alt if everything in the nearby area is dead, and if something still lives and threatens you, why are you looking at the item drops? <_< I have nothing against the people who use it. When it comes to multiplaying, I really could not care less about whether or not someone is using RRM (I do not trade, so that aspect means nothing to me >_>). I just choose not to use it myself.

4. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

Harrid - Have you done LK runs, or pl8 cows? :jig:
    I don't know about pl8 cows, but pl8 LK runs can drop huge amounts of gold, and blue items. I'd hate to manually search through all that. :grin:

I can understand why people choose not to use it, but personally I can't search through that much manually.

5. Harrid

Harrid Diabloii.Net Member

I have done a bit of each and yeah, /p8 cows and /p8 special chests do drop tons of crap to shift through. Still, I do not mind spending an extra second or 5 holding Alt. If nothing else, it gives my merc and my mana a chance to regen a bit more.

6. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

:smiley:
    :grin:

"gives my merc and my mana a chance to regen a bit more."

True
    I have great respect for those who do it manually.

7. druidkid9

ok i understand now but i will continue to use it because i get a rush of excitment when i see the red text on the screen knowing it is a rune which could be handy.

8. Spearthrower

Spearthrower Diabloii.Net Member

Why not? Because it wont bloody work on my PC - that's why not..... Not that I'm bitter or anything!! :D

For me, it is very acceptable as it is purely cosmetic. I always found the mass drops of players 8 to be a little uncomfortable on the player - having to run round the screen a bit just to make sure you can see all the items on the floor..... or picking up all the pots and drinking them just to get them out of the way. A filter would be better - something that stops user set objects from showing when you press ALT..... but as nothing will work on mine, I am doing it the old school way and making all my characters get fat chugging unwanted pots! ;)

9. druidkid9

*slings arm around spearthrower's sholder* one day son one day.