Royal Grandeur Ring

Delano

Diabloii.Net Member
As of this morning, I've run 2515 bounties, almost all act 1 at various difficulties. That work has netted me 2 RoRG, both dex. Trying to get another mainstat RoRG has been a trail of tears I would wish on no one. I've been doing both t3 bounties and act 1 split. I've been leaning towards act 1 split as there's ALWAYS (I play odd hours) a group of people doing the same thing in a normal public game for the reasons we've spent 2 pages talking about.

I will reiterate that it's poor item design to have so much hinge on one item and have that item be a low incidence result from completing a task that's not challenging, just very repetitive. Also, time spent running these bounties that are way below the threshold to challenge my character even in the worst scenarios is time not spent where the devs have said they want me for the end game, in rifts of escalating torment level.

God save me from the caverns of Aeraiananananayayashanna

darkrealm

IncGamers Site Pal
That is beyond terrible luck. Took me a couple hundred to find one my Wiz and WD could share. lol

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
My Barb found two, both Int, without it even being a focus, just doing bounties in the Act with the bonus. Lately I've been totally focusing on Act 1 bounties because I want a Str one for my barb... we'll see how it goes.

Found a 3rd without it being a focus playing my new Crusader with my gf's first HC character (barb). The very first bounty we do after killing Mal so she could get into AM, at lvl 54, I get a RoRG. I probably totally screwed my RNG with that one.

Caswallon

Diabloii.Net Member
I semi farmed Act I for a week, and then solidly farmed it all last weekend with no joy. First run on Monday and the ring dropped for my Crusader, it also had fairly decent stats so was very happy. Now I'm avoiding Act I like the plague!

Sadly if I want to progress my Monk and Witch Doctor I'll have to go back to the farm at some point :(.

ZappaFan

OMG. I needed some exquisite essence so I could roll some lvl 60 IK gloves that I had. So I started a new character just for the purpose of farming some blues so I could roll those gloves. Was doing some normal bounties in Act 1 and had a lvl 17 RoRG drop. DOH! I won't recycle it tho... :eek:

canuckHC

Diabloii.Net Member
I opened another 30-35 cache's this weekend and still no RoRG. I'm up over 1600 bounties now with 95% of them being A1 and have found a total of 2 rings. They were found quite easily in comparison to this time so I guess I should have felt extremely lucky back then. Sigh.

Delano

Diabloii.Net Member
Right now, I'm looking at 2 in 2650 bounties. I challenge anyone to rival my good fortune.

TirAnasazi

Diabloii.Net Member
Also, one other thing. Maybe it's just in my head as they say because RNG is mostly responsible for all the suffering out there. But, I do tend to get more legs from bags when I open them after not getting a leg for a certain time. To be more precise, I collect some 5-10 bags and then go playing rifts. I wait for a strain of bad luck (no legs) for half an hour or so and then go opening those bags where I usualy always get a leg drop. The same feeling I get for Kadala and gambling.

Like I said, maybe as well just all bull...t, but does not hurt trying out once and telling us your experience.

Delano

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright, you're in my boat. Make that 2 in 3074. Has given me a use for my monk jetpacking around normal.

Malaterre

Diabloii.Net Member
Also, one other thing. Maybe it's just in my head as they say because RNG is mostly responsible for all the suffering out there. But, I do tend to get more legs from bags when I open them after not getting a leg for a certain time. To be more precise, I collect some 5-10 bags and then go playing rifts. I wait for a strain of bad luck (no legs) for half an hour or so and then go opening those bags where I usualy always get a leg drop. The same feeling I get for Kadala and gambling.

Like I said, maybe as well just all bull...t, but does not hurt trying out once and telling us your experience.
Well, didn't Blizz said that after a while without a legendary drop (one hour or so), the probability to get one slowly starts to grow?This could be why you find a legendary in a cache after a time of bad luck.

canuckHC

Diabloii.Net Member
I was away for most of the week so I didn't really play much until a couple hours yesterday. I found 5 legs in my first T1 rift and figured I'd try a few public A1 Normal bounty runs. I saved up 15 cache's, and upon opening my 4th one, BOOM! INT RoRG drops for my Wiz! Now I just need another for my DH...

Yoo

Diabloii.Net Member
Gz!

I got one yesterday too, go figure, but it was a terribly rolled Dex one... lol Ah well, it won't be wasted.

ZappaFan

I'm trying collecting caches and then opening them all at once after a dry spell running rifts. I think I'm up to 8 or so bags at the moment. I'm think I'm going to collect 20 bags.

ZappaFan

I collected 30 bounty cache bags on normal, and then opened them all during a "dry spell" of legendary drops in T1 rifts. I was in a rift that had no legendary drops during the run, and the rift boss didn't drop either a leg nor a lost soul. Finished the level with no more drops. Had been in the rift for about 40 minutes total probably.

I got a Royal Ring of Gandeur on bag #4, bag #18, & bag #26. Three rings in 30 bags, I am astounded. All three are decent Str rolls.