Royal Grandeur Ring

TheDarkSide

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore
So I've completed nearly 900 Bounties on all difficulty levels and still no Ring for me.. Im off the next 3 days and I mean to have this ring... Some have said keep the Caches and pop them back to back, some say run normal for more caches, some say run Tor2 or higher.... I don't know why I cant get this ring to drop but Im gonna try like Hell the next 3 days !!!

:jig:

ClaytonH

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Royal Grnaduer Ring

This ring is virtually a requirement for all end game builds. I am glad you can target-farm it by doing act 1 bounties, but it makes no sense to me to make it bounty only. It should be a normal ring drop that you can get from playing in addition to being targetable in act 1 caches. To be forced to run endless act 1 bounties with each character so that you can get one with the right stat is not fun.

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Re: Royal Granduer Ring

So I've completed nearly 900 Bounties on all difficulty levels and still no Ring for me.. Im off the next 3 days and I mean to have this ring... Some have said keep the Caches and pop them back to back, some say run normal for more caches, some say run Tor2 or higher.... I don't know why I cant get this ring to drop but Im gonna try like Hell the next 3 days !!!

:jig:
It's just RNG. I've never run a split bounty and I have two of them. I have run a lot of Normal bounties tho. Statistically speaking your best bet is to see if you can get a group of four to run spilt bounties on Normal.

mrcnortheast

Diabloii.Net Member
I ran only bounties on normal since ROS shipped, and got my Royal ring last week. Alot less total bounties than you, TheDarkSide, I'm still in the 500's.

That is the only bounty bag leg I have gotten as well. Keep at it, you will get it, but yeah RNG is a total b***h.

ClaytonH

Diabloii.Net Member
I got bored of trying to farm another ring to use on my WD, so I just took the one that I have off my wiz and rerolled the CDR to 40% CD. .. Now I have to farm another one anyway to put on my wiz...

Flux

Administrator
Everyone has their own rarity or not stories about that ring. Yesterday in the EU clan some guy got 2 of them when opening 3 bags.

The first RoRG I found was a few weeks ago. Someone new to the clan wanted help split farming a1 and a2 and I had half an hour, so I hopped in. and just the 2 of us did 4 games, and when I opened the 8 bags at once I got a RoRG and Gloves or Worship. Which were the 2 items the guy I was playing with really wanted. He said nothing and logged off right after that. ;)

Even once you find one you might still need to search, both for other chars and to get a better roll. I have found 2 on EU and neither had any good stats on the random roll. Browse through the ring on the DN armory and see cc/cd monsters that will curdle your blood.

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/armory/item.php?id=990&tab=sources

Grishok

Diabloii.Net Member
Someone new to the clan wanted help split farming a1 and a2 and I had half an hour, so I hopped in. and just the 2 of us did 4 games, and when I opened the 8 bags at once I got a RoRG and Gloves or Worship. Which were the 2 items the guy I was playing with really wanted. He said nothing and logged off right after that. ;)
A light-hearted curse would in place, but that was just bad sportmanship :)

Flux

Administrator
A light-hearted curse would in place, but that was just bad sportmanship :)
Well, after the 4 games he said he was going to quit, which is why I opened them all then. Best I recall another wiz joined us for the last 2 games which sped things along a bit. But it was funny after he'd opened his bags as he went and kept cursing how he never got a RoRG or GoW, and how it was hopeless, etc. And then I popped them both.

Neither were a good roll, if that's some consolation. Didn't seem to matter at the time, though.

ClaytonH

Diabloii.Net Member
After the recent data collection effort to determine the cache legendary drop rates from various torment levels, it seems that (from a relatively limited pool at least) the Torment 4 caches have an almost 21% drop rate, versus a 4% drop rate below T1.

The best chance of obtaining a RoRG thus may lie in being able to handle T4 bounties with relative ease and speed. The bounty rewards in xp and gold are quite good at T4, which makes the effort worthwhile in any event. My next attempt to get a new RoRG will thus be from T4 bounties.

I will report back on the success of this endeavour, or my possible death since hardcore T4 is not to be toyed with. Risk it for the biscuit!

darkrealm

IncGamers Site Pal
After the recent data collection effort to determine the cache legendary drop rates from various torment levels, it seems that (from a relatively limited pool at least) the Torment 4 caches have an almost 21% drop rate, versus a 4% drop rate below T1.

The best chance of obtaining a RoRG thus may lie in being able to handle T4 bounties with relative ease and speed. The bounty rewards in xp and gold are quite good at T4, which makes the effort worthwhile in any event. My next attempt to get a new RoRG will thus be from T4 bounties.

I will report back on the success of this endeavour, or my possible death since hardcore T4 is not to be toyed with. Risk it for the biscuit!
While I could do T4 (WD)bounties, I am not sure I am that eager to find a RoRG.. I think it is comical, but I am not sure I would say RoRG is the only choice we have. If you solo farm, dual unity+ Immortal merc+ SoJ is my end game setup. Beyond that it does allow for multiple sets to be used at the same time and is BiS for certain builds on my Wiz/Barb/DH.

Delano

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been farming T4 act 1 bounties to get them for my alts, and have had 0 success. It does feel good to call out the free t4 cache in clan chat and get props from the other members, but that's not the same as another RoRG. I resent it for the reasons already discussed: nearly mandatory for many builds across classes, and only one way to get it. That's myopic item design to put so much potential in one item and then not be able to gambol for it. That, and combining it with the crafted sets makes a lot of the items you're going to find from actual rift drops (where the devs have stated they want you to play for the end game) obsolete.

Young

Diabloii.Net Member
Dual unity is cheese and shouldn't count.

I've found 8 RoRG to date including another one this morning in 10 bags. Here is the best method I've found.

1. Do split bounties on whatever difficulty you can handle. Today I did T2 and T3 with 1 friend, but I have done plenty of normals in the past.

2. Cache legendary drops seem to follow the same legendary timer related drop pattern as world drops. In other words, the less legendaries you find from monsters and chests while you are farming caches, the more legendaries you will find inside the cache bags.

3. When split farming, everyone should avoid opening chests and other lootables that will generate world drops for other team members. This will result in less missed legendary drops while team members are split up. This includes all chests, dead bodies, loose tiles, cursed chests, resplendent chests, and to the extent possible, breakables.

4. Minimize the number of monsters killed on your way to completing bounties. I.e. if the bounty is kill skeleton king, don't kill monsters on your way to his crypt. Again the idea is to minimize your chances of finding legendary world drops, so that you will force legendaries into your cache bags.

5. Collect cache boxes for about 60-90 minutes, this should result in anywhere between 10-20 boxes depending if you're doing normal or torment. At this point, if you followed steps 3 and 4, you should have a very high chance of finding a legendary inside the cache bag. Now it is up to RNG if it will be a ring, bracers, amulet, mace, or shoulders.

Good luck and happy farming.

This is the best ring I've found (and lost) to date: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PwrdOff-1551/hero/47167213

darkrealm

IncGamers Site Pal

I've found 8 RoRG to date including another one this morning in 10 bags. Here is the best method I've found.

1. Do split bounties on whatever difficulty you can handle. Today I did T2 and T3 with 1 friend, but I have done plenty of normals in the past.

2. Cache legendary drops seem to follow the same legendary timer related drop pattern as world drops. In other words, the less legendaries you find from monsters and chests while you are farming caches, the more legendaries you will find inside the cache bags.

3. When split farming, everyone should avoid opening chests and other lootables that will generate world drops for other team members. This will result in less missed legendary drops while team members are split up. This includes all chests, dead bodies, loose tiles, cursed chests, resplendent chests, and to the extent possible, breakables.

4. Minimize the number of monsters killed on your way to completing bounties. I.e. if the bounty is kill skeleton king, don't kill monsters on your way to his crypt. Again the idea is to minimize your chances of finding legendary world drops, so that you will force legendaries into your cache bags.

5. Collect cache boxes for about 60-90 minutes, this should result in anywhere between 10-20 boxes depending if you're doing normal or torment. At this point, if you followed steps 3 and 4, you should have a very high chance of finding a legendary inside the cache bag. Now it is up to RNG if it will be a ring, bracers, amulet, mace, or shoulders.

This is the best ring I've found (and lost) to date: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PwrdOff-1551/hero/47167213
Sorry but it counts. 50% DR is awful good for the HC community to know about and use.

I have heard of some of the methods you talk about. Usually when I solo farm I try to keep these things in mind. Unfortunately, most of everyone has their RoRG as of now so it is tough to find a clan group for split farming anymore and pub games, might as well forget trying to enforce anything to get people to not open chests and such.

That said, I still need a RoRG for my wiz. Been a long time since one has dropped for me.

There is a lot of tinfoil going around too- You could get a RoRG on your first cache...or be like me and go maybe 70-80 without one. Sometimes, you just have to get lucky I suppose...

Young

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey man, didnt mean to come off rude about the Unity thing, just my personal opinion. There is a certain guy in my clan who will never play in groups because he can't use his unity ring haha... and he's only doing T3 FFS.

I'm always up for A1 bounties man, we can 2 man split T3. That seems to be a decent compromise between increased torment drop % and clearing speed.

darkrealm

IncGamers Site Pal
Hey man, didnt mean to come off rude about the Unity thing, just my personal opinion. There is a certain guy in my clan who will never play in groups because he can't use his unity ring haha... and he's only doing T3 FFS.

I'm always up for A1 bounties man, we can 2 man split T3. That seems to be a decent compromise between increased torment drop % and clearing speed.
Yeah not sure why you would only be doing T3 with dual unity rings. LOL, that made me chuckle... And no, I maybe came off that way, but not at all. Honestly, I find so much more stuff when I group. Party buff does seem to work to a degree for me at least.

Yeah I would like to group up for some split T3. I can do that on my Doc.

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Is this documented anywhere such as by a blue post? I've heard people talking about this stuff but it always sounds like some sort of urban myth.

darkrealm

IncGamers Site Pal
Is this documented anywhere such as by a blue post? I've heard people talking about this stuff but it always sounds like some sort of urban myth.
You know, at one, I could have sworn I saw a blue post about Torment lvl effecting the drop rates of cache only legs, but I cannot find it.

The other stuff, there is some supposition there. Maybe even some tinfoil- but I have heard this working for some folks like my friend there.

1) Are the cache legs on the pity timer?
2) Does Torment lvl effect the % of cache only drops?