Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rounding out my skills, Conc or Berserk?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by blueheed, Feb 27, 2004.

1. blueheed

blueheed IncGamers Member

Rounding out my skills, Conc or Berserk?

Here's what I have so far, I'm making a polearm barb, WW is maxed and polearm mastery is maxed. I want this character to eventually be able to play solo in Hell so I can do some minor magic find (can't play with multiple players on bnet since my death animations lag me so much, no items left).

So I'm at a crossroad, do I go concetration or berserk? Concentration will work with BO another useful skill and will also increase my defence which may be needed without a shield. Berserk means I'll have nothing to worry about when I come across physically immune, but honestly I don't know a lot about Berserk, I know it means my defense will be worthless, but I only plan to use it when running into enemies I can't kill with WW (physically immune).

My most likely best weapon is gonna be a Bonehew, I'm not a rich player so don't expect me to go find a BOTD somewhere. But still any ideas will help, thanks in advance!

Todd

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

My advice is to just put 1 point into each one, use zerk for immunes and conc for other stuff if you want, but when you already have ww i see no point in maxing a similar skill, you just end up using one of them more than the other and end up with wasted skill points.

3. JamesMartigo

JamesMartigo IncGamers Member

My last WW barb found Hell difficulty to be extremely difficult in 1.10. You can't leach life and mana of skeletons (and some other undead), wraith and gloam type monsters drain mana fast, and if a boss is mana burn, all his minions are mana burn too, making WW'ing quite unreliable. That's why I made my new barb a concentrate barbarian (See Halciet's guide here: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=506), which had no problem clearing hell. In my opinion there is not much reason to put extra points in berserk, since it starts with a decent damage, and you can increase the damage anyway by putting points in shout. So if you've maxed WW and weapon mastery, you can put the other points in BO for extra life and mana (very usefull, if you WW without a shield), and/or shout (extra defense and extra berzerk damage).

4. blueheed

blueheed IncGamers Member

I'm viewing WW as an attack for the masses, I can hit a group and be on the move, where my secondary attack concentration of berserk will be one on one for bosses, superuniques and such. I don't play with groups a whole lot, so I'm looking for what will best help me survive alone.

Todd

5. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

well diablo doesnt get hurt by magic damage so id advise concentrate, as this will help against a lot more enemies, tho have you considered 15 concentrate/5 beserk, the synergy from beserk will mean you can just use concentrate as it will have 5% damage as magic.. which is gud. or if you got the points max concentrate- but to be honest if enemies are that hard in hell now are you sure ww provides enough damage to really manage??