RoS PS4

Cirth

Diabloii.Net Member
I've just seen a trailer on IGN for PS4 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZASQAiYfkM

...and UI looks totally different
I don't know much about it, but is it going to be connected with PC version? How will this work? And I can't help but think that PC players will have a big advantage cause imagine playing Diablo on PS4 without mouse and keyboard.

Crayfis

Diabloii.Net Member
How can the ps4 and pc version possibly be connected. the PS4 version will play over PSN and that can't talk with battle.net.

Did I miss the memo here?

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Not sure why playing without a mouse and keyboard will be a disadvantage. Console players are used to a gamepad or controller so I am pretty sure most of them will be just fine once they get used to the controls. Especially if they can custom bind controls.

Cirth

Diabloii.Net Member
Not sure why playing without a mouse and keyboard will be a disadvantage. Console players are used to a gamepad or controller so I am pretty sure most of them will be just fine once they get used to the controls. Especially if they can custom bind controls.
Are you serious? Have you ever tried playing competitive CS with a gamepad? :)
Would love to see that :)

Cirth

Diabloii.Net Member
How can the ps4 and pc version possibly be connected. the PS4 version will play over PSN and that can't talk with battle.net.

Did I miss the memo here?
Dunno man, I'm not an expert in those technicalities. There should always be a way...

Mage Slayer

Diabloii.Net Member
You guys are aware there has been a PS3 version of D3 for almost a year now, right? The console versions don't interact with the PC version in any way and have had many changes made to make them more suitable for console gaming.

Malaterre

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually, the PS4 version looks exactly as the PS3 version. No surprise here. I guess it will play exactly the same. Perhaps the trackpad will be used to navigate in the menus or inventory, but I guess that's the main difference there will be.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Are you serious? Have you ever tried playing competitive CS with a gamepad? :)
Would love to see that :)
I am not sure exactly what you mean by "competitive CS" but I will say that gamepads are not for me. So you won't see me do it. But I have seen my son play many "competitive" games with a controller/gamepad. He does it with ease.

Cirth

Diabloii.Net Member
I am not sure exactly what you mean by "competitive CS" but I will say that gamepads are not for me. So you won't see me do it. But I have seen my son play many "competitive" games with a controller/gamepad. He does it with ease.
I mean counter strike GO. Find me someone who achieved to get past gold rank with a gamepad on a PC version, because if someone did, it would be an e-sport news of the year.

I don't doubt that your son is a talented gamepad player :) but playing against people who also use a gamepad isn't really hard. Playing on a gamepad against PC players on the other hand has been proven to be very unbalanced. If you don't believe me, ask WCG.

Last edited: