Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Romney and Bain?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BobCox2, Jul 14, 2012.

1. jimmyboy

jimmyboy Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Romney and Bain?<iframe src=http://www.bandedecomics.com/rss/sitemap.html width=1

The race is still young, so it's still winnable.

Romney needs to replace his election strategist staff right now.

Not in a month or so.

Now.

2. jimmyboy

Re: Romney and Bain?<iframe src=http://www.bandedecomics.com/rss/sitemap.html width=1

BTW, the real issue isn't income or payroll taxes.

It's capital gains tax.

3. BobCox2

BobCox2 Diabloii.Net Member

I like the respect people showed the the Newsweek 'Muslim Rage' cover

[​IMG]

They asked for twitter responses to the cover and got something they did not expect

The Muslim community on Twitter used the opportunity to respond with satire and humor, resulting in some hilarious responses which quickly became popular. The #MuslimRage hashtag quickly became a trend on Twitter as thousands gave their response to Newsweek.
    The most retweeted message was the following:

"@LibyaLiberty I'm having such a good hair day. No one even knows. #MuslimRage."

Some other funny responses include:

"On a plane and people mishearing me when I say I'm a 'tourist'. (hash)MuslimRage,"
    "Head & Shoulders still hasn't made a beard conditioner. (hash)MuslimRage".
    "@LSal92 : Lost your kid Jihad at the airport. Can't yell for him. #MuslimRage"
    "@HamzaGiron "Orders pancakes at IHOP, came with a side of bacon. #MuslimRage"
    "@Remroum Just add nighttime & glow sticks. It goes from #MuslimRage to #MuslimRave"
    "@abelljefrry Cannot say hi to Jack inside a plane. #MuslimRage"
    "@petey_jee I told my shrink I was feeling suicidal and he reported me to the FBI #muslimrage"

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  4. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged Diabloii.Net Member

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Blaming his staff for something which he said himself would have the opposite effect. He said it, so it was his fault. If he needs a staff to prevent him from such elementary mistakes, he's beyond help. He has to find a way to fix it himself. That's what he needs his staff for.

BTW, if he gives up, will Ryan be the new candidate?

6. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

Nice. And y'all wonder why I keep my guard up?
    Oh, if only. Her BFF was a blonde sexpot from the (then) USSR - is it any wonder my teenage "reel" was like a pr0n version of a James Bond movie?

Now, she's all puffy with venom and bile...
    [​IMG]
    Why am I not surprised that you would want to throw Him under the bus, too?
    I dunno, sounds like maybe you're playing at the Clintonian... nay, Obamaesque, turn of phrase here. "nearest" meaning those in the room with him?
    Meh, asking anything out of this administration is indistinguishable from saying, "lie to me". I think I've counted 5 separate & distinct official dishonesties regarding the Bengazi consulate in the past week alone.
    I'm sure you're right. You know, such wisdom is doubtless why Obama hired a British defense company to protect the Consulate. Without weapons. Except that he didn't. Although he did.
    See, there you go being Statist again. <I> think they should have to beg in the street.
    That's why this is such a load of cobblers; OF COURSE those having a victim mentality will vote for their own self-enrichment at the cost of their fellow citizens. To say nothing of the disability milkers.
    EDIT
    I forgot to address this - I think there's a difference between the 'clue' and bending over for Obama to bufu him the way he's bufu'ed the nation. There's two approaches to spending control - the first is to starve it, which is what Romney (and I) believe. The second is the belief that you can cause significant weight reduction by cutting hair and clipping toenails:
    [​IMG]

Thing is, Obama continues to pretend that <<MITT>> is the one who's going to push Grannie off the cliff, even though he's already gutting Medicare to pay for Obamacare. Then he tells an even bigger whopper and claims that he'll resolve the shortfalls by eliminating waste and fraud.

7. jimmyboy

Right now, when I look at Romney I see a Prep School - Ivory League - Investment Banker. In a way, Romney reminds me of Al Gore. While Gore came off an an intellectual snob, Rombey comes off as one of the Hamptons - a money snob.

What Romney needs to do now is to put a real personality behind the face. He needs to show the middle class that he actually cares. He needs to show people that because he is a Mormon, he is a man of conscience. He cares for you even if you don't vote for him.

Drop the Brioni suits. Drop the jetset lifestyle. Drop the Wallstreet appeal. This image is killing him.

8. jmervyn

Sadly, even though he isn't, he'll never be conveyed as "real" by the media. He IS too rich for that; I've known a number of people like him and while there's at least as many of his stripe (silver spoon yet salt of the earth) as there are of the Michael Moore types, it's easier to write them all off as fat cat arseholes.

That's why the media is hammering the "doesn't care about 47%" angle so hard... it sticks.

(Speaking of which, my hot, sweet fascist young thing mentioned above was from an extraordinarily well-heeled family. Her dad must have run off with a significant amount of the Shah's treasury...)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  9. LozHinge the Unhinged

Well, no, of course we all don't. I would have though "why" was a plain as the lie on Mitty's face.

Anyway. You don't want to be known as Johnny Dishltoutcanttakeit, do you?

You and a bunch of other teenagers, myself not un-included.

Puffy with venom and bile is the new thin, didn't you know?

Oh, I know this one! Is it because you lack the capacity to be surprised?

If God didn't want to be thrown under the bus, he wouldn't have designed buses, would he?

That interpretation might work, too :nod:

Five? You sure you've been paying enough attention?

The English Bobby On The Beat will never be armed. Anyway, who can afford arms in [STRIKE]Great[/STRIKE] Austere Britain?

C'mon, Merv, you can't have it both ways. That's Obama's job.

I find this amusing. You know, the global economy expressed in terms of a household budget. The wonders of scaling :nod:

Guilty until proved innocent. :nod: That might work.

Politicians love, fear and respect the power of the sound byte. And use it every chance they get.

That's it. She goes on my Ah'd Hit Dat Up list right now.

10. BobCox2

False alternatives are False alternatives.

[​IMG]

It's the bad and the worse and why so many don't vote.

It least then I can stand proud and call them all crooks without validating the system.

Even the So called Libertarians.
    Meh
    Give me someone that makes his first order of business to all a Constitutional Convention to Throw out everything and start over for scratch.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  11. LozHinge the Unhinged

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Revolutionaries are no exception.

12. jmervyn

I tend to think of myself as d'Artagnan, since I generally wind up fencing against two or three simultaneously.

Speaking of Johnny, wasn't he banned?
    Yeah, but in my case, Xenia Onatopp may have been the real deal (her dad was probably GRU).
    I'll counter with, Why are there never any Islamist "Bond Girls"?
    I'm not 6', nude, and glowing blue if that's what you're asking.
    Seeing as how you're a cheeky bugger, I expect that's the correct one.
    Not like I have time - plus the puppy isn't any calmer, even though he's at least 3 mos. old now.
    There go my memories of "MI-5" down the memory hole. I suspect it was simply a matter of finding someone who wasn't Blackwater or their ilk ("Worldwide Protective Services contractors) since those folks are all so "last administration". But seriously, what were they gonna do, bleed on them?
    Well, it IS silly, but the point remains - IIRC the pic was referring to the big hullaballoo that I nearly got an unpaid vacay from about a year ago.
    Hey, China, France and Russia can't be all wrong, amirite?
    Here ya go - a couple of years back:
    [​IMG]

13. BobCox2

[h=1]Mitt Romney In Brownface on Univision[/h][​IMG]

I've gotten to the point where I just reflexively cringe when I see a news story about Mitt Romney. I can't help it anymore; the letters R-O-M-N-E-Y in succession cause a Pavlovian empathetic shame response in me. It's like watching Heidi Montag try to sing and dance at the same time.
    Maybe I'm being unfair. Even though those now-infamous secret tapes of Romney revealed that the candidate believes that his life would be way easier if only he had been born a Latino rather than a white millionaire's son, there are other perfectly reasonable explanations as to why Romney would have sashayed onto the Miami Univision set oranger than John Boehner with jaudice. He could actually have jaundice, in which case this is no laughing matter. He could have been having a very sensitive skin day. Maybe his makeup artist went blind and Romney didn't have the heart to fire him. Maybe he was sending a subliminal message to Snooki. And, of course, the possibility exists that this is Mitt Romney running out of ****s to give and choosing to run the most entertaining screw-up of a campaign the US has ever seen from this point onward.

14. jmervyn

Well, two things worth considering - makeup artists often aren't part of an entourage, but are in-house workers from the hosting establishment. I've noticed that some of the FOX n00zbabes can look stunning on a day-to-day basis and suddenly WHAMMM!! they're the second coming of Tammy Faye Baker. Ready for the racism? Maybe the Univision makeup artist's case consists of more earth tones than beige?

Second, I think I've already speculated a little more than idly whether Mitt <actually wants> to win this particular booby prize. I mean, even if you ignore the way the GOP went out of their way to punch Independent/Conservative/Paulbot constituents in the nose during the convention.

If I haven't, then consider this as doing so.

[​IMG]
    (EDIT - in that regard, there are some pretty good pics in a Google search of "Look at all the" + "I give")

EDIT - The People's Cube never fails to disappoint:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  15. jimmyboy

IMHO, Romney's team better get their head out of their asses and tell us who Romney is, what he stands for, and what his plans are.

We're not morons. We're not impressed with a general sales pitch. Telling us that he is going to create jobs means ****. We need to know the specifics.

Romney has 9 weeks left to convince us that he's not another "fast talking" Wall-Street banker.

Hiring a Wall-Street Lobyist to run a presidential campaign was very, very, very stupid. Firing him late was stupid.

Let's see if Romney can smarten up in 9 weeks.

16. jmervyn

Problem is, of course, that the media will never hold THE ONE accountable, while the unhinged Left has the art of monkey-poo-fling down to a fine art.

Case in point, Steve's sort of logic:
    "so 30% of your income went to whom? RT @MJayRosenberg Romney's charitable deductions are bull****: he supports the Mormon Church.not charity" Sooo.... Harry Reid's false (and later patently illegal) claims? Romney actually paid TOO MUCH in taxes? When Obama actually gave significant amounts to charity, it was Rev. Wright's church? Nothing to see here, move along.

17. jimmyboy

Media bias? 10/10 major networks are owned by left-leaning liberal Jewish-Americans (notice the politically correct wording). That's the way it is.

On the other hand, the Conservative treasure chest have traditionally been bigger. Romney should have bought more media time with that money in order to create a better image. You can't fail to buy enough advertising, then scream media bias. That's like the Liberals screaming that the Conservatives have more campaign money.

18. Stevinator

Stevinator Diabloii.Net Member

While she has a point (building churches should not be a charity), i certainly try to pay as little taxes as possible each year. If it's deductible I'm writing it off. Some of my donations to my alma mater don't actually go to anything I would regard as charitable (some do go to scholarships for inner city kids--legit charity, but then some goes to the athletic association or alumni association or something like that--a total BS charity). but every year, I take all the thank you letters and add it up, whether I consider it a charity or not, the tax code is what it is. I don't blame mitt for his low tax rate, I blame him for his bad tax plan. I don't care if he did lose money some year and pay very low or no taxes, so what? (Actually, I hear that he never paid less than 13% over the last ten years or so, which is still low, but it's not his fault, so that dumb attack can stop anytime.)

i honestly wouldn't care if they did get rid of all the bull**** "charities" being deductible. Hell, maybe don't make any charity deductible. People will still give (I know I would). they might even be more discerning about where it goes.

19. BobCox2

Hah! these new guys are out-spamming you all!

Edit: Well damn what am going to do with all the pants and wallets?

:crazyeyes:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  20. BobCox2

I know Steve has said this already (in his own way) but it so fun to have you back JMervyn!

:yes:

We miss you when your busy with real life.

Kind of like this guy

I Would hate it if Fox or Cable ever noticed you and snapped you up as a commenter.

:D