Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Romney and Bain?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BobCox2, Jul 14, 2012.

1. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged Diabloii.Net Member

You've given this situation a lot of thought, Steve. I'm glad you have something to occupy your hands.

Oddly enough, I was today listening to a conversation between a couple of customers, which concerned a family member who survived an aneurism in the brain. Quite against the odds.

That's a spooky coincidence, in view of your wilder comments above. A spookier one would have been encountering a naked freak banging on the door and attempting to get in. I count my blessings.

2. Stevinator

Stevinator Diabloii.Net Member

Sounds like my queue!

3. LozHinge the Unhinged

If you have the tiniest trace of humanity and mercy within you Steve, please don't go there - or rather, don't come here (to be more accurate). What is seen cannot be unseen.

:nod:

4. BobCox2

BobCox2 Diabloii.Net Member

Romney and Bain?

Lose to a couple of Obama's

It's Michelle's turn.

DNC > RNC with the personalties this year.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  5. BobCox2

6. Technomancer

Technomancer Diabloii.Net Member

New ad based on the Akin-Ryan philosophy of rape:

:D

7. LozHinge the Unhinged

Damn, Techno. Just ... damn. I was already struggling with that concept. :no:

8. Technomancer

Just relax, Loz... Don't fight it, just let it happen...

Um, wait a minute, that came out weird...

9. jimmyboy

jimmyboy Diabloii.Net Member

10. Technomancer

11. LozHinge the Unhinged

12. BobCox2

the bold is simply pathetic: toleration does not equal respect.

Free Speech Trumps Religious Violence (but not Religious Speech) - Yell all you want about it, but if you use force I want us to use more force to show you why that is a bad idea.

I know and respect many Muslims, and I have never met a terrorist, but the ONE Problem I have with the Quran is the Golden rule only applies to "Fellow Muslims" not to unbelievers.

The problem with the good teachings of Muhammad is that they are reserved for fellow Muslims. When the hadith says, “None of you [truly] believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself,.” it is talking about the fellow Muslims.
    The brotherhood in Islam does not extend to everyone. The Quran (9:23) states that the believers should not take for friends and protectors (awlia) their fathers and brothers if they love Infidelity above Islam. In fact there are many verses that tell the Muslims to kill the unbelievers and be harsh to them. A clear example that Islam is not based on the Golden Rule is the verse (48:29): “Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other.”
    This is the perfect definition of fascism.

The #1 example that needs to be made is that I STILL think we need to Bomb the Mullahs Weapon Development sites out of existence.

Before we learn we should have the hard way and too late.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  13. BobCox2

The Washington Post Link.

Romneys plan is a plan that WILL NOT WORK.

"FOR SEVERAL weeks, we’ve been asking Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to explain how he can cut taxes, as promised, without adding to the nation’s debt, as also promised. Now he’s effectively let the cat out of the bag:

He can’t."

At a time when the nation is already on course to build up a debt so large that interest payments alone will begin to drown us, Mr. Romney wants to reduce taxes further, with — it now appears — no plan to make up the difference. It almost takes your breath away.

14. Stevinator

His plan is a non-starter anyway. there's no way he gets a complete elimination of teh capital gains tax through congress with handing a generation of voters to the Dems. You think they harp on the bush tax cuts? Just wait.

Doesn't matter anyway though. like him or not, he's not winning.

15. BobCox2

SECRET VIDEO: Romney Tells Millionaire Donors What He REALLY Thinks of Obama Voters

Video segments at the link.

Here was Romney raw and unplugged—sort of unscripted. With this crowd of fellow millionaires, he apparently felt free to utter what he really believes and would never dare say out in the open. He displayed a high degree of disgust for nearly half of his fellow citizens, lumping all Obama voters into a mass of shiftless moochers who don't contribute much, if anything, to society, and he indicated that he viewed the election as a battle between strivers (such as himself and the donors before him) and parasitic free-riders who lack character, fortitude, and initiative. Yet Romney explained to his patrons that he could not speak such harsh words about Obama in public, lest he insult those independent voters who sided with Obama in 2008 and whom he desperately needs in this election. These were sentiments not to be shared with the voters; it was inside information, available only to the select few who had paid for the privilege of experiencing the real Romney.

This should be Obama's next ad. call it "Victim."

Narrator: At a private fundraiser, Mitt Romney recently said the following:
    Romney: There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims.
    Narrator: Really, Mitt? Anyone who votes for Obama is dependent on the government?
    Person X: I'm a doctor.
    Person Y: I'm an engineer.
    Person Z: I'm a small business owner.
    Person X: I paid more taxes than Mitt Romney.
    Person Y: I paid more taxes than Mitt Romney.
    Person Z: I paid more taxes than Mitt Romney.
    Person X: I voted for Barack Obama.
    Person Y: I voted for Barack Obama.
    Person Z: I'm voting for Barack Obama.
    Narrator: And believe it or not, Mitt, out of the 10 states that receive the most federal aid, 9 of them voted for John McCain.[1] ¹ It seems like the only person who believes they're a victim...is you.

16. LozHinge the Unhinged

I always like to hear it when a politician is prepared to say how 47% of the population he wants to govern is irrelevant to him.
    The honesty is refreshing.

17. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

Turns out I have - she was the hottest slut in my high school, and now she's on the Huffpo and Twitter as an apologist for Assad's regime. She interviewed Nasrallah personally, and I was wondering how in the world she doesn't understand that the only reason he didn't rip off her gown and do her right there on the carpet was her PR value as a "Westerner".

She hasn't actually killed anyone yet, just as Obama's pals from Chicago aren't actual PLO trigger-pullers. Interestingly enough, she was 'radicalized' in the U.K.

Also, I got quite a giggle from the bit about that "respect" for religious belief, after the booing of God at the Dem convention.

{EDIT - Something that will definitely offend my opponents' tender sensibilities}
    You know, it's sad that neither you nor Bob can actually come out and admit what Mitt said is completely valid. It's also old news, by several weeks, though I think the 47% might be high since not every self-obsessed social leech will vote for Obama, but he's probably just considering them nullified by his richer Progressive supporters.
    The media, of course, is touting this the same way Bob is, but when they start trying to differentiate between payroll taxes and income taxes, it just tells me they're desperate to throw something.

Still, Mitt can and perhaps should lose. I don't much like the way he speaks the truth and then goes silent, or worse yet, makes some equivocation.

P.S. If you laugh a single time during this video, you are a racist.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  18. LozHinge the Unhinged

Merv! I can't tell you how much you are back on the Forums!

Um, Merv, we don't want your ex-girlfriends here if they won't play nice.

Hey, God's not been performing recently - fumbles, turnarounds, dropped catches - even the home fans been doing some booing, buddy.

Of course I admit that what Mitty said was valid. Sheesh. To the nearest 50% of the population (rounding up), he was spot on.

I like it when politicians set out their real beliefs and their real feelings. It helps when voting time comes along. You know?

Think how boring it would be if there were only stories about Obama and his vampirisc tendencies. Maoist, vampiric tendencies.

I don't like the way is is mentally jerking off over his audience. Or some such made-up ****.

Didn't run it, it looked amateurish and likely to whip up the Lefties into a jihad. There's no need for that :no:

19. Stevinator

Re: Romney and Bain?<iframe src=http://www.bandedecomics.com/rss/sitemap.html width=1

classic.

this kind of obfuscation is why I think they could all be reduced to a single line item on our paycheck stubs.

It does make sense though that if you're not paying any income taxes (or you're getting negatively taxed) that you might not be inclined to vote for the guy trying to lower taxes. Can you blame them for voting in their own self interest?

20. jamesL

jamesL Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Romney and Bain?<iframe src=http://www.bandedecomics.com/rss/sitemap.html width=1

Romney trying to lower taxes ? !

ha ha ha

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...reveal-specifics-tax-153637553--election.html

we want to get it done = we don't have a clue how to do it