Rolling charms..

iomanip

Diabloii.Net Member
Rolling charms..

Hi there.

Since i've been here a few weeks now i have a lot of pgems to waste. Already tried some crafting with ok results, but i dont really have any use for topazes, diamonds etc., hence rerolling GC's comes to mind.

My characters are already quite durable, so not really much need for +45 life skillers, mainly looking for ANY skillers. So, the question:

Read the guide written by Kronos/Cowax about charms. As i understand it, there are 135 possible affixes on a grand charm (98 prefixes including 21 skiller prefixes, and 37 suffixes). Would this mean that i have a 21/135 chance (1 in 6.43) of getting ANY skiller prefix (as long as the charm is capable of having all affixes, i.e. nihla/baal/diablo charm)?

peace and thank you
/iomanip

Last edited:

nubikoen

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Rolling charms..

Have a look at the affix calculator.

With an ilvl 50 GC you have approximately a 4.34% chance of getting a +1 skill tree charm pr. roll. Divide by 21 to get a specific skill tree.

Obdob

Diabloii.Net Member

Also, a great place to find those ilvl 50 GCs is in the great marsh and flayer jungle on nightmare. That should be a lvl 50 area, i think.

Grapeape

Diabloii.Net Member

lol i was just about to make a thread about this same topic, so thanks for saving me the trouble. Those links answered all my questions.

gedda-d-e

Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry for slight hijack but does the re-rolling apply to jewels as well? has anyone here ever tried it?

Ladvarian

Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry for slight hijack but does the re-rolling apply to jewels as well? has anyone here ever tried it?
If you are asking if they follow the same rules as the Grand Charms when using the 3 Perfect Gem recipe then yes. The rules are for ANY magical (blue) item, this can be jewels or any other magical item. ilvl in will still = ilvl out

What types of mods are you looking for on these jewels?

gedda-d-e

Diabloii.Net Member

What types of mods are you looking for on these jewels?
ias/ed is the main target, but ofcourse any good ias/all res/ed/useful jewel is welcome, but I am mainly looking to fill the holes in my Tomb Reaver.

/g