Rolling Charms

benhoh

Diabloii.Net Member
Rolling Charms

I'd like to know more about what people do with all the pgems they trade for. I know they are rolling charms, but what kind of charms are they hoping for, and whats the recipe. Any other info would be nice too.
Thanks,
Ben

:laugh:

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
They are hoping to roll grand charms into skillers. The recipe is magic item+3 PGems = same magic item with different mod.

hhhrobi

Diabloii.Net Member
the most common charm rolled is a "baal GC" droped from baal, diablo or nilathak in hell dificulty.

pliu

Banned
ilvl 91+ GC for this

+ skill GC of vita:

Vita +36-50 Life Large Charms(77)[36-40](91)[41-45](110)[46-50]

Only one thing I am not sure is that if a ilvl 91+ (<110) GC get a Vita Magic Suffixes it will only get + life from the range of 41-45 or it can still get 36-40?

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
ilvl 91+ grand charm can get 5-45 life, of course.
If it is guaranteed to have 41-45 life won't it be easy to get 41-45 lifers? :laugh:

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
As I recall it:
alvl = area lvl, all base monsters get their mlvls from this, a set number for all areas listed in the facts and formula archive.
mlvl = monster lvl iirc, determines what ilvl things dropped from that monster are set to
ilvl = item lvl, determines what mods can spawn on the item

Common monster have alvl=mlvl=ilvl, champions and uniques have alvl+2 as their mlvl, in turn giving drops from them ilvl=alvl+2 (or +3), bosses and superuniques have set mlvls that can differ from the alvl they are in.

Surely true:

A high ilvl gc can still get all the bad low lvl mods, including the not so bad 36-40 life.

Only "baal GC" can roll 41-45 life skillers this is why many prefere rolling them, lower lvl charms acctually have higher chance of rolling a skiller, (nightmare flyer jungle is the first place with high enught alvl and thus the GCs from there have the highest chance to roll skillers)

46-50 life is also listed as a sufflix, but isn't possible since they only mosters who have high enught mlvl to drop charms of the ilvl needed are ubers and clone, who simply doesn't ever drop GCs.

aman

Assassin Moderator
As I recall it:
alvl = area lvl, all base monsters get their mlvls from this, a set number for all areas listed in the facts and formula archive.
mlvl = monster lvl iirc, determines what ilvl things dropped from that monster are set to
ilvl = item lvl, determines what mods can spawn on the item

Common monster have alvl=mlvl=ilvl, champions and uniques have alvl+2 as their mlvl, in turn giving drops from them ilvl=alvl+2 (or +3), bosses and superuniques have set mlvls that can differ from the alvl they are in.

Surely true:

A high ilvl gc can still get all the bad low lvl mods, including the not so bad 36-40 life.

Only "baal GC" can roll 41-45 life skillers this is why many prefere rolling them, lower lvl charms acctually have higher chance of rolling a skiller, (nightmare flyer jungle is the first place with high enught alvl and thus the GCs from there have the highest chance to roll skillers)

46-50 life is also listed as a sufflix, but isn't possible since they only mosters who have high enught mlvl to drop charms of the ilvl needed are ubers and clone, who simply doesn't ever drop GCs.

iirc the chances to roll a skiller from flayer jungle(the lowest ilvl can be for a skiller) is 1/21 and from a baal grand charm it's 1/23

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
iirc the chances to roll a skiller from flayer jungle(the lowest ilvl can be for a skiller) is 1/21 and from a baal grand charm it's 1/23
hmm, that wasn't much of a difference, I thought I heard it was larger, but I'm probably just recalling incorrectly :scratch:

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd like to know more about what people do with all the pgems they trade for. I know they are rolling charms, but what kind of charms are they hoping for, and whats the recipe. Any other info would be nice too.
Thanks,
Ben

:laugh:
Yesterday I got a sc from baal. Was 2 to dext. Because I had read that baal scs can turn into psn ones I decided to reroll it a couple of times and see what I'd end up with. So I did. On my 3rd try I rolled a 2 to dext :laugh: