Rolling Call to Arms

Nesjan

Diabloii.Net Member
Just wanting some opinions on Call to Arms. Ive now rolled it 4 times with my Zealot trying to roll perfect or close to perfect.

SADLY the best of the 4 rolls was 3, 4 ,4 on the warcries. It seriously takes forever in SP untwinked to find Ist, Ohm, Mal, and if i want to keep shooting for a perfect 6, 6, 4, this will be my 5th roll!

Just wondering what other people use and is it even worth going for the perfect or is 3, 4, 4 good enough!!??

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
why reroll, the base item is not superhard to get.

2 more levels of Battle Orders give 20 seconds longer duration and 6% more of your BO-able life (and mana). Life (hp) that comes from +vitality and +Life/per level are not increased by Battle Order (BO)

If it is worth it or not is of course highly subjective.

+ skills is not important for zealot, battle cry is nice, but it count as a curse and decrepify is in almost all cases more useful to a zealot.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Feels like a waste, like cubing bers to get a jah. How many griefs and fortis does one really need in the end? Might as well roll another cta. :)
Well Lo is a very rare rune, compared to Ohm. There are more runewords that uses Ohm and Lo, like Ice, Faith, Exile, ...

Isn't cubing up Bers and Surs from LK the standard method of getting Enigma when you play untwinked? ...

Shuffleblast

Diabloii.Net Member
Lo isn't that much rarer than Ohm. In the RFL they gave 15 and 10 points respectively, but I'm not sure if there weren't more Los found in the end. If someone desperately needs a Lo and not a cta, sure why not. Sometimes you can't avoid cubing. When I was making the enigma for my trapper, I had a Lo, a Sur and a Jah and if I had found a Lo first, I'd have cubed the two Los.

I just personally wouldn't want to cube Ohms.

Nesjan

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the insight guys, im going to keep making Cta's until i get close to perfect. Ohm can also be used to make an "exile", which could be good for a paladin. Also im trying to make a perfect Zealot so i might socket my GFace with a Lo rune for extra deadly strike.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the insight guys, im going to keep making Cta's until i get close to perfect. Ohm can also be used to make an "exile", which could be good for a paladin. Also im trying to make a perfect Zealot so i might socket my GFace with a Lo rune for extra deadly strike.
A perfect zealot is a matter of choice. Decrep and or Amp damage is more useful than Life Tap which is better for smiters since smite can't use life steal.

Lo rune in armor gives +5% to maximum lightning resistance ...

Nesjan

Diabloii.Net Member
Here is what i i have lined up anyways and im very close.

Weapon 1- Stormlash socketed with Ber or Lo, BoTD in a superior eth Berserker axe.

Weapon 2- Perfect CTA

Shield- HoZ, Exile in a superior 40+ All resist elite pally shield,

Helm- Gface, Crown of Ages if i ever find one.

Gloves- Laying of Hands, Dracs

Boots- Gore Riders

Belt-Perfect String of Ears or Perfect Verdungos

Rings- RavenFrost, Bulkathos

Amulet- Atmas Scarab

Armor- Chains of honor in a superior Archon Plate

I have everything except the weapons, the Exile and CoA. Once i find it all i will assemble the best combinations and stash the other equipment. This in my mind is a perfect Zealot...any suggestions?

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Depends on what your goal is and how you wanna acheive it. Exile and Atmas scarab does not rhyme well togehter.

Nesjan

Diabloii.Net Member
Because of the life tap on exile and the Amp Dmg on Atmas right? I love the Amp damage it breaks all PI except act 5. Would it be better to pair exile with Highlords?

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Because of the life tap on exile and the Amp Dmg on Atmas right? I love the Amp damage it breaks all PI except act 5. Would it be better to pair exile with Highlords?
They are both curses so they owerwrite each other. I have forgotten which monsters in act 5 that can't be broken by amp dmg.

You know, amp damage makes you do three times as much damage to most non physical immune monsters. That also means that your life leech becomes three times as effective (life tap level of effectivness, but life tap works against non-leechable monsters wheareas life leech depends on drain effectiveness of the monster).

Have you considered Stormshield?

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
Doesn't Grief beat out all other weapons for a Zealot?

I'd go for:
Code:
Switch 1:   Grief & Exile
Switch 2:   CTA & Spirit
Helm:       Guillaume's Face
Amulet:     Highlord's Wrath
Armour:     Fortitude
Gloves:     LoH
Belt:       Verdungo's / Nosferatu's
Boots:      Gore Rider
Ring 1:     Ravenfrost
Ring 2:     Rare / Whatever

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member

I'd go for:
Code:
He/she does not use the RWM, taking that into consideration, my list

Code:
Switch 1:   eBotD (berserker axe) & HoZ "Um" / Sanctuary in high res, block paladin shield
Switch 2:   Lacerator & Spirit (keep CtA in inventory for casting BO or just play without it)
Prebuff:  DemonLimb for Enchant charges
Helm:       Guillaume's Face "AR + ED to Undeads or Demons or "Um" or whatever res is needed)
Armor:     Enigma (teleporting at 12 fpa on spirit switch is not that bad, that is the 99% FCR breakpoint for Amazons!!!)
Belt:        Verdungo or String of ears. Thundergods for areas with lots of Burning Souls. 
Ring 2:     Ravefrost or Rare with AR and res.

Inventorty: AR and vita charms
Skills: 20 Sacrifice, 20 Zeal, 20 Fanatiscm, 1 Redemption, 20 Blessed aim (passive AR bonus of 100%), rest holy shield 
Merc: Fortitude, Infinity (lower def = more chance to hit), Andys face.

Nesjan

Diabloii.Net Member
They are both curses so they owerwrite each other. I have forgotten which monsters in act 5 that can't be broken by amp dmg.

You know, amp damage makes you do three times as much damage to most non physical immune monsters. That also means that your life leech becomes three times as effective (life tap level of effectivness, but life tap works against non-leechable monsters wheareas life leech depends on drain effectiveness of the monster).

Have you considered Stormshield?

I'd go for:
Code:
I currently have a Stormshield and HoZ, i prefer the HoZ because the main draw for Stormshield for me would be the 35% dmg reduction, but with my maxed holy shield i barely ever get hit.

Yes Painmax i play plain old vanilla SP no mods haha, i like it that way. I have been posting my noobie questions around here for some time now.
Thanks for your guys input.

Shuffleblast

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't understand this exile/atma/lacerator debate. Don't you use a might merc with reaper's toll anyway? Then you could go for highlord's + HoZ (or sanctuary). I also wouldn't be using bk's ring, I'd go for some crafted blood one with AR, double leech and other goodies.

Screenshot003.jpg