Roll of The Dice Tourny

IRoK

Diabloii.Net Member
Roll of The Dice Tourny

My 2nd tourny idea hopefully it works...

RULES :
1) Hardcore (Softcore is ok but 1 death = your out)
2) No choice is Class or Skill Tree
3) No Muling On! Only
4) RWM Mod is Allowed
5) MPing is a no
6) Rerunning is fine
7) No need to do all quests

Scoring :
1 points per WP
2 point per quest
-1 Per Level
-?* Merc
5 points for finishing a difficulty

The whole Roll Of The Dice thing is that once we have enough people...You will give me what character you don't wanna be so there is only six left. I will roll a six-sided dice and the number that class is will be the one you are. You can choose the name. But the skill tree will also be decided by the dice (1&4,2&5,and 3&6). The dice will decided your fate. You can still have any build using the skill tree and class you get.

* - Merc depends on which one.
A1 Fire or Cold = -10
A2 Combat = -10
A2 Off. or Def. = -15
A3 Cold, Fire, or Light = -10
A5 Barb = -10

Give me suggestions and stuff :smiley:

Noodle

IRoK said:
My 2nd tourny idea hopefully it works...

RULES :
1) Hardcore (Softcore is ok but 1 death = your out)
2) No choice is Class or Skill Tree
3) No Muling On! Only Off

Scoring :
2 points per WP
1 point per quest
-1 Per Level
-?* Merc

The whole Roll Of The Dice thing is that once we have enough people...You will give me what character you don't wanna be so there is only six left. I will roll a six-sided dice and the number that class is will be the one you are. You can choose the name. But the skill tree will also be decided by the dice (1&4,2&5,and 3&6). The dice will decided your fate. You can still have any build using the skill tree and class you get.

Give me suggestions and stuff :smiley:
What the heck - I'm in. The only class I wouldn't want to be is a barbarian.

- Noodle

ElmoCorruptsChildren

Diabloii.Net Member
I just died in the skill-less tourney, and I wanna keep active. I'll play too.

I'll be playing SC, but I'm honorable. The class I won't play is a Necro. Depending on what class I get, though, this could be a very short-lived tourney for me. :grin: All I can say is "Luck be a lady!"

Thoughts on the rules - what about RRM/RWM? or MPing? or rerunning areas/single clears? Are you going to force all quests in all difficulties, or that you should clear an act before moving to the next, etc? How about a start/end date? When will you post assignments? And most other tourneys I've seen award 1 point per waypoint and 2 for each quest; why the reversal?...More might come to mind.

edit: Oh, what about a prize for the winner? I don't need one, nor expect one, merely curious.

Drixx

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm in. I wouldn't want to be a barbarian with that ruleset. The rest I think I could live with.

IRoK

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok thanks to ECC (if i can call him that) I have updated the rules and thanks for noticing the quest and wp thing my bad...

Prize : I will do some MFing with my zealer who has a lot of MF so what ever uniques, sets I find is the prize :)

IRoK

Diabloii.Net Member
Since I am not good with the coding, tables someone else please do it but here is the stuff

Participants :
IRoK
ECC
Drixx
Noodle

then the basics for the table :)

please and thank you

ElmoCorruptsChildren

Diabloii.Net Member
IRoK said:
Since I am not good with the coding, tables someone else please do it but here is the stuff

Participants :
IRoK
ECC
Drixx
Noodle

then the basics for the table :)

please and thank you

Code:
Forum Name      Character    Char Name      LVL   ACT    WP                 Score 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IRok            ??           ??              1     1     Rogue Encampment     0
ECC             ??           ??              1     1     Rogue Encampment     0
Drixx           ??           ??              1     1     Rogue Encampment     0
Noodle          ??           ??              1     1     Rogue Encampment     0
Hope this is what we need! To anyone who thinks a change needs to be made, make it or ask for it and it'll be taken care of. And yes, ECC works perfectly for me.

Zolgar

Diabloii.Net Member
Aww come one, a true gamer nerd would know to use a percentile die! (1-14 barb, 15-28 necro, 29-42 assy, 43-56 pally, 57-70 Druid, 71-84 Sorc, 85-98 'zon. Either reroll or players choice on 99 and 100.) *crickets* ... Oh fine, I'll go back to my corner full of D&D books.

And I'll likely join, but there's 2 rules clerifications I'd like:
1: Are we limited to a single skill tree, or just have to mostly use that skill tree? (Say if I got Elementalist Druid, could I throw a couple points in to Summons, just not use summons as my main source of damage.) *casually wonders how well a curses-only, non twinked mercless necro would fare*
2: What's the duration of it going to be?

Stargaze

Diabloii.Net Member
Zolgar said:
Aww come one, a true gamer nerd would know to use a percentile die! (1-14 barb, 15-28 necro, 29-42 assy, 43-56 pally, 57-70 Druid, 71-84 Sorc, 85-98 'zon. Either reroll or players choice on 99 and 100.)
Nah! The true gamer would use a true seven sided die.

Zolgar

Diabloii.Net Member
Stargaze said:
Nah! The true gamer would use a true seven sided die.
The flaw with a 7 sider, which yes I know they exsist, is that they're not quite as random.The pentogonal design will make them too prone to either avoid the 1 and 7, or land on them. It will have on lean or the other.

The Other flaw with a d7, as any good gamer will tell you. When you take a die, and add up the opposite sides, they should toal 1 more than the number of sides. a D7 cannot do that. (1 and 7, 2 and 6, 3 and 5, but the 4 is all alone), The only exception to thise rule is d10s, which all sides add up to 1 less than the face.

ElmoCorruptsChildren

Diabloii.Net Member
You know what? I always considered myself to be a dork or a nerd or whatever... but I don't know the first thing about these D&D dies. I don't mean this in a bad way, but... you guys are mega dorks!! I salute you!!:thumbsup:

So when are we getting this show on the road, anyway?

Zolgar

Diabloii.Net Member
ElmoCorruptsChildren said:
You know what? I always considered myself to be a dork or a nerd or whatever... but I don't know the first thing about these D&D dies. I don't mean this in a bad way, but... you guys are mega dorks!! I salute you!!:thumbsup:

So when are we getting this show on the road, anyway?

Thank you, I try.. *dusts his collection of 50odd books*

jungleboy

Diabloii.Net Member
Haven't played in a tourny for ages and this one sounds interesting. Hey won't get much time to play but still would like to participate.

Character I would least like to play is a druid.

IRoK

Diabloii.Net Member
Well to answer some questions...

You must stay on a single skill tree unless you use points for synergies and curse necro can point points into Summons but elemental druid is elemental only...

The duration will probably span from when we have enough people to probably near the beginning or end of July...

ElmoCorruptsChildren

Diabloii.Net Member
Felt like an update. Here's how it looks so far.

Code:
Forum Name      Character    Char Name      LVL   ACT    WP                 Score 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IRok            ??           ??               1     1    Rogue Encampment     0
ECC             ??           ??               1     1    Rogue Encampment     0
Drixx           ??           ??               1     1    Rogue Encampment     0
Noodle          ??           ??               1     1    Rogue Encampment     0
atigdng         ??           ??               1     1    Rogue Encampment     0
jungleboy       ??           ??               1     1    Rogue Encampment     0
DeadBob         ??           ??               1     1    Rogue Encampment     0
Ischade         ??           ??               1     1    Rogue Encampment     0