Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

RolePlay in D2

Discussion in 'Player Matchup' started by Deviston, May 20, 2005.

1. Deviston

Deviston IncGamers Member

RolePlay in D2

Hail all! I am new to (1) these forums and (2) Diablo2. I have recently gotten the game and am enjoying quite well! I really want to roleplay the gaem instead of just kill this and that. I am on CLOSED BNET and have currently 2 characters that are active.
    I play a Lawful Good Paladin who's main goal in life is to punish those who hurt others (( max ranks in Thorns )) and a Chaotic Neutral Necromancer who's main goal is to conrtol undead better than anyone in existence . . . and maintian the balance set by Trang' Oul of course.
    I play mostly during the evenings (( I'm in Texas )) and sometimes during the day. So, if there is anyone who would like to go and play with me, I would love to have you join my crusade, or my vie for power.

EDIT: I would also liek to say, having three more paladins, each putting 20 points into one each of the Holy damaging spells would be VERY useful, and also very flavorful for the story I'm writing on my character (( and any who party with him )).

EDIT AGAIN: I don't know what it means, but I'm not LADDER. I don't know what LADDER is, but I heard it has a time limit on your character. So I don't plan on joining it.

2. Elcold

Elcold IncGamers Member

What realm are you on? I got account on west msg @ *white_guy

3. Deviston

crap . . .im east

4. Deviston

bump ala carte

5. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Ladder is a different class of character. You can only create and join ladder games and trade with other ladder characters. BUT, at the end of the ladder season (determined by blizzard) all ladder characters become non ladder, and can only create, join non ladder games. Lots of upside in ladder include ladder only runewords, items and the ability to upgrade exceptional uniques to elite and upgrade runes all the way to zod. More info can be found at http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/charactertypes.shtml

Good luck!

6. Deviston

but what about those ladder only words . . what happens to them when the ladder ends? are those items tradable to nonladders?