Role playing

Ferrous

Diabloii.Net Member
Role playing

Does anyone here roleplay their characters? Give them thematic names and gear, talk as if they are the character?

Wuhan_Clan

Diabloii.Net Member
Only on occasion with my old bnet friends. We would usually attempt to speak in old english or at least some kind of archaic english in public games to freak out other players.

Skarphedinn

Diabloii.Net Member
Ferrous said:
Does anyone here roleplay their characters? Give them thematic names and gear, talk as if they are the character?

I give all my characters real names, and usually ones that would fit that char.

Valoriel - 'angelic valor' - amazon
Schaeffer - paladin
Brisen - 'most powerful sorc in arthurian legend' - sorceress
Skarphedinn - old germanic word meaning 'sharp teeth' - Barbarian

I usually role play a little bit, but not to the extent of speaking like a character would. Little too far for me ;)

Ferrous

Diabloii.Net Member
Wuhan_Clan said:
Only on occasion with my old bnet friends. We would usually attempt to speak in old english or at least some kind of archaic english in public games to freak out other players.
LOL, that's sweet. I think I may try roleplaying my own characters more just to have fun in group games.

[G.Knightz]K.nG

Diabloii.Net Member
The closest thing I have to one is a Blood Raven amazon I am playing right now. I was trying to envision what would happen if she have not been corrupted. I use only Rogue skills(able to have synergies but not use them) + Strafe (no choice, need AoE skill) + a few passive skills. I will use Blood Raven's Charge despite being able to afford a WF. However, I haven't tried to talk like her because all I know is "Join my army of the dead!!" I will try to solo her through Hell with the help of an Act II merc (No Valks for me).

Starseed

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldn't really say role-play but I always give my characters IC names because of the fact that the first one that I can be really, truely succcessful with I plan to write a fan-fic about right after the destruction of the Worldstone. I know it's not really RP but I like to keep my chars gear in mind and thing like that when I write the story, and to keep in mind my various experiences during particular games (what dropped, particular uniques/champions) and such so that when I do get around to writing it, I can incorporate them into the story.

So I guess I might not RP with others in games but in my own mind whatever character I use is an actual hero on a quest to save the world. :)